Stairs to where

"Say, does she has a boyfriend?" Ziyi—a captain in dance club—asked to Kun as they're having breaks from playing basketball.

"What?" Kun face automatically smudged.

"Liu Yuxin. She's your childhood friend right?"

"No. I don't admit that. just because we live parted by only a wall doesn't mean i'm friend with her." Kun replied coldly.

"Really?"

"Why you asked that? I mean... Is she has a boyfriend or not?" Kun asked back to avoid his own honest answer.

"Oh. you know Keyin right?"

"Your crush?"

"Yes."

"What's up with her?"

"Apparently i see that she's fangirling with Nana."

"O. My God...." Kun said but with a poker face.

"So i'm thinking, maybe she will stop pushing me away after she realized that Yuxin has no interest in them. and that will work only if Yuxin has a boyfriend."

"Well i don't know. But i don't think she attract boy's attention in her school."

Yuxin and Kun were in the same school only in the primary school, after that Yuxin choose to enroll in an exclusive art school.

"Huft. What to do? Keyin's obsession will becomes bigger if this keep going on!"

"What is it that 'going on'?"

"The rumors that Yuxin doesn't like boys... and instead she is into ... girls." Ziyi hesitated to speak.

"WHAT?!"

Kun suddenly stand up from the basketball grounds and abandon the ball. Makes Ziyi perplexed to Kun's sudden fumes.

...

"Kun can you return uncle Liu's stairs to his house?" Kun's mother asked while baking a cake in the kitchen.

"Why meeeeee..." Kun nagging but his mother was soon flicking his hair.

"Just go, it's not even hard for my strong son right?" She teased, makes Kun forcefully stop eating cookies.

"Yeah yeah, just at time like this... you praise your son... oh my mom." Kun finishing his sentence with rolling his eyes.

...

"Ding Dong." The bells ringed in Liu's house.

"Oh."

Was the only word come out from the short haired girl whose opened the door.

Bullseye. Kun thought as soon as he sees her. In fact it's the first time after five years they never facing each other this close. Even when they get into same competition, they barely interacted—though Kun did eyeing her skill and Yuxin did steal glances, still... no conversation.

"Yeah me." Kun asnwered by himself.

"..." but Yuxin just turned blank.

"Don't say that you already forget about me? We live side by side, you realize that, right?"

"Yes, i don't forget... It's just that we haven't—-" yuxin said but Kun cut her in the middle,

"Yes, because there's no reason to."

His words somehow makes Yuxin's eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm here to return your stairs. Thank you." Kun said awkwardly while tapping the metals.

"Oh.. ok. Just leave it here. Thank you." She replied and Kun just immediately spun his back.

He is walking back towards his house and passing her yard. But a sudden rattle sounds comes to his ear, so his curiosity forced his head to look back.

"Damn." Kun muttered as he jogs his way to Yuxin's terrace again, where he sees Yuxin was lifting up the stairs by her petite body—trotting her way to Liu family's warehouse.

"Why don't you ask me to do this." Kun said as soon as he grabs the stairs and forced Yuxin to stop her doings.

"Huh?" But Yuxin just looks perplexed to Kun.

"I thought your father will take it and store it as you say i could just leave. If i know you will carry it by yourself i wouldn't just leave it there."

"Uhm... why?" Yuxin asked innocently with her doe eyes.

"Because you're a girl."

To heard that, Yuxin blinks her eyes.

"But i can do this." She said as she grabs the stairs again.

"I know, you're strong but still you're a girl."

"I don't see the relation. Do you think girls are weak?"

Kun is trying to think about a proper reason, "Uhm not like that..." he said but his eyes suddenly dilated and his eyebrows furrowed, "...right, why society taught me this thing?" He whispered to himself.

"So? You do it only because you're being taught?"

"Sigh..." Kun sighed as he realized that he was trapped in her game of mind.

"Ook Missy smarty head... you win, i don't really understand myself but if i can do this instead of them—or say girls, i prefer to do it than makes their hands scatter or exhaust them."

Yuxin blinks again without a words for seconds.

"Hm?" Kun raised his eyebrows as if asked her what? to break the silence around their time.

"Then your reason is simply because you're a kind person."

Yuxin finally open her mouth and confessed such a words, very genuinely, with a little smile.

And suddenly, Kun's ear turn red without he realized.

.