Cold Summer

"My gosh! What should i wear? Why don't i have a flatter one? Any dress? Something flashy?" Yuxin said as she open her wardrobe and rummaging the inside.

"What kind of look he likes? Uhm... whatever is that i bet i don't have those." She complained as she pull out a jeans and a black jacket.

"Sheesh it's looks cool but not attractive..." she said again while lift up the outfit as she check in the mirror how it would look on her.

"Who says?"

Kun suddenly interrupts her by standing at the door.

"Huh?!" Yuxin gasped as she quickly turn around.

"Kunkun why.. why... why you standing on there?"—I... i mean in my room?!

She ask more likely asking if his existence is real or not.

"Just so.." Kun answered nonchalantly while stepping in his long legs which were already in his school's uniform.

Yuxin is left in a daze as Kun's present filled her small minimalist room which's decorated mostly with light-blue interior and stuffs.

"You looks nice already." Kun start to tease Yuxin as his mischievous side awaken when he sense the change of mood from his adorable rival.

Adorable. He start to think that Yuxin isn't completely not cute nor a poker faced person anymore. Not... since he saw the red blush on her fair face and her twinkling eyes whenever she gaze on his orbs. He might even start to like the way she looks him in the eyes.

"Already?" Yuxin whispered to herself.

Seeing the innocent squint of her eyebrows, Kun can't help but lift up his tantalizing smirk.

"It's rare to see you like this from this proximity..." Kun explains as he keep walking closer to Yuxin, and at such a time, Yuxin start to have a difficulty to breath.

Kun sits on the sheets after checking her out, scanning her from head to toe. Yet, his eyes stopped on the lower part. Not sure if that's because his eye level is just perfectly stop on there or... his eyes were captured by long thin milky white half covered legs.

Shit.

Kun cursed himself from what he just did.

'Control yourself young man.' Kun said in his only mind, trying to remember what his mother always taught to him. To respect girls.

Usually he always can control himself. Being the gentle and noble young man in front of all the beautiful girls who surround him whenever he goes. But this time, he lost. His mischief always win whenever he face this girl—which figure rent free on his mind lately.

"Uhum.." Kun faking a cough as he tried to fix his gaze—drifts it to a packed big books on a drawer near the bed, "you wrote a diary? Unexpected for a tombo like you." He said as he tried to reach the book.

"NO!" But Yuxin automatically halted Kun to reach the book.

"Hm? Oh sorry." Kun responded awkwardly to see the panic on Yuxin's face.

"Is it contain the things about your crush? The said boy you like?" Kun asked.

And instantly, Yuxin's face tell the truth tough her lips remain closed.

"I see. So it does." His voice lowered as his gaze turned down—looking annoyed for whatever reason.

"Drrrttt..." Yuxin's phone start to vibrate besides the book as Yibo calling. Makes Kun mood going even more terrible. So he pick up the phone and just halted Yuxin from taking it back.

"Ding." A new message from Yibo came to Yuxin's notification: 'Should i pick you up? We'll go to Zang Yixing's studio though.'

"You're not going to school?" Kun asked.

"Uhm not precisely. My team gonna have private class with teacher in his studio for the upcoming contests." Yuxin answered while still trying to reach her phone—though it's no use when Kun stand still and raising up his hand. His height is just not a match for Yuxin's petite one.

"So he's always pick you up and you two going together with that motorbike?"

"Not always Kunkun. It's just sometimes." Yuxin said with her puppy eyes looking up to Kun's sharp gaze. Somehow she felt wronged by his act right now. As if she make him annoyed—though she doesn't understand for whatever reason is that.

But to heard the way she calls him, Kun becomes softened again. He can't help but hiding his smile as he turn ahead and start to pick up baggy clothes for Yuxin.

"Here here and here..." Kun hand over an oversized shirt, jacket, and baggy sweatpants to Yuxin. "...cover yourself. It's cold today. I don't want you to get sick like yesterday." He said with big smiles.

Then Kun left the enchanted Yuxin alone as he walking down the stairs.

"Cold? But it's summer..." Yuxin said to herself.

.

☔️💙🌧🔒