015

Megan and Tom were trying to discuss names for their baby. But it was too hard. They didn't know what personality she would have.

Megan woke that morning in bed. She saw a text from Tom. He wanted to see her when she arrived at work.

Megan walked downstairs and saw Madison who smiled. "Hey. So I had an idea and I'm going to do you a baby shower. I've never done one. Or been to one so I want to do one for you," she said.

Megan smiled and nodded. "Thanks. I don't even know what we're naming her yet. It's just a mess," she said as she looked at her.

Madison grinned. "Her name will come when you're least expecting it. Trust me on that," she said.

***
Megan went into school with Madison. Tom was waiting. "Hey. You wanted to see me?" She asked.

Tom nodded. "Maybe we could name the baby Izzy?" He asked.

Megan frowned. "You want to name our baby after your ex fiancée? Do you not think that would be weird for me?"

Tom sighed. "I loved Izzie. And I love you too. It wouldn't be weird at all."

"For me, it would be."

Tom smiled. "Maybe it would be a little weird. But I would be happy."

Megan shook her head and walked off. She was annoyed with how Tom wanted to name their daughter after his ex.

She walked into the staffroom and sighed. She made herself a drink. Madison frowned. "What's up with you?" She asked.

Megan sighed. "Tom wants to name the baby Izzy. After his ex. And he doesn't think it will be weird. But I know it will be weird."

Madison nodded. "Yeah. Definitely will be weird. Talk to him properly. Let him know that you don't feel good about it."

"I don't want to upset him. He wants this. I know he does. But I just don't want to name my baby after his dead ex."

***
Tom was sitting in his classroom. He looked up as Megan walked in. She sighed. "I don't want to name our baby after Izzy. I know you loved her. But... you don't get how awkward it would be for me."

Tom rolled his eyes. "I loved Izzie. And I lost her before we could begin our life together."

Megan frowned. "So you're saying that if Izzie was still alive, we wouldn't be together?" She asked.

"No. I'm not saying that Megan. I'm just saying, I lost Izzie and I want to keep her memory alive."

"And hasn't Chlo named her baby izzie? Why do you need to do it?"

Tom scoffed. "I knew you wouldn't understand. You don't understand much do you?"

Megan shook her head. "I guess I don't. I think it's best you leave me alone," she said as she walked out.

***
Megan sat at home and sighed. She couldn't believe how Tom was acting. She didn't know what she had done to make him treat her like that.

Megan knew she couldn't give into what Tom wanted. Even if it meant their relationship suffered.

But could Megan and Tom make it work? Or would both their pasts come back to haunt them?