016

Megan was adamant she wasn't going to name her baby Izzy. She knew that it was what Tom wanted. But she couldn't do it. Especially since she knew Tom still loved Izzy.

Things between the two of them had been so tense. It was almost back to how it was when Tom had revealed he had gotten a court order to stop her aborting the baby.

Megan groaned as she heard a knock at the door. She opened it and saw Tom. "If you've come to fight, then save it," she mumbled.

"I haven't. I just wanted to see if you were okay."

"I'm fine. Having a tough few days trying to think of a name for our baby," Megan said as she looked at him.

Tom sighed. "I wish you'd consider Izzy. I know... it will be awkward for you. But please, think about it," he told her.

Megan rolled her eyes. "No. We are not naming our baby after your ex. So please. Stop suggesting them."

***
Megan went into work. She and Tom had been arguing again. And she was getting sick of it. She was beginning to wish that she had left. And then she wouldn't have to deal with Tom.

Megan walked over to Madison and smiled. "Hey. If I murder my baby daddy, could I plead insanity?" She asked as she looked at her.

Madison turned to her. "Why? What's happened?" She asked.

"He came over. He won't let the name Izzy go for the baby. I don't want my daughter to be named after his dead fiancée. That might sound harsh, but I don't."

Madison smiled. "It's not harsh. And you have every right to feel annoyed with it. It's understandable that you don't want your baby named after his ex fiancée. And frankly it's a little weird he does. But you both have to come a decision about her name. Because like it or not, the two of you will be welcoming her soon enough."

"See. You're right. But he's being so unreasonable about it. And I just... I'm getting annoyed with it. It's not wrong of me is it?"

Madison shook her head. "No. But I do think you should both sit down and talk about it. And be reasonable. Hear his suggestions for wanting to call her that. And you tell him your reasons for not wanting her called that," she told her.

Megan smiled. "When did you get so wise?"

"Since having an affair landed me pregnant and alone."

***
Megan had gotten Tom to agree to go to dinner. He knew that he had to be reasonable. And listen to her reasons. But it was complicated.

Tom walked into the restaurant and smiled. He sat down and sighed. "I think we need to talk. I just... I don't understand why you won't let my remember Izzy by naming my daughter after her. Please."

Megan shook her head. She sighed. "I can't do that Tom. I can't name my baby after your fiancé. Because I know that if she was still alive, then we wouldn't even be here. We wouldn't be having her. And despite how wrong it's all been, I'm glad we have her coming. So please," she said.

Tom looked to her and sighed. He knew they had a child on the way. But he had no idea how he could make her see reason.