19

Bob tackled me in a huge hug as soon as he got to the house. "Happy early birthday!" I giggled as I hugged him back. "I hope you have an amazing year, kiddo."

Wade ruffled my freshly-dyed hair as soon as Bob let me go before putting the takeout Chinese food on the counter of the kitchen island. "Keep being you, kid. You're gonna go far."

"My birthday's not for another week." I said through barely-contained laughter.

Austin hugged me from behind, making me jump. "So? That doesn't mean we can't celebrate a week early!"

"Austin and Alli sitting in a tree!" Bob and Wade said simultaneously.

I felt my face heat up as I punched Bob's arm lightly. "Shut up, guys."

Wade gasped. "Oh my God it's true! Called it! Mark, you owe me ten bucks!" He ran out of the kitchen.

Bob was laughing. "We're just joking, Alli. But there's nothing embarrassing about having a crush." He looked at Austin, whose face was the same shade of red as mine. "Just so you know, if you break her heart, I'll break your dick."

Austin held up his hands in defense. "I get it. I promise I won't."

Bob nodded, satisfied. "Good. Now, let's go see what Mark and Sean put together."

We walked to the backyard together, and I grinned at the sight. Lights were strung around the patio, and music was playing through a speaker set up by the sliding doors. The table was set for all of us, and a cake sat in the center of it. Sean was blowing up balloons and throwing them in the pool, and Mark was giving bet money to Wade.

Sean looked up at us and grinned. "Happy early birthday, Alli!"

I looked around at the space, shaking my head. "You didn't have to do all of this for me."

"Oh, shush. Of course we did." Mark put his wallet away and walked over, hugging me. "You're one of us now. We have to celebrate in style."

"Whatever you say, Mark."

The six of us ate takeout and ice cream, laughing and joking with each other until the sun went down.

Sorry this chapter is so late and so short, I had no idea how to finish it.