Draupadi's Swayamvar

Arjun's pov
Its been almost a year since the varnavrat incident. Duryodhan has crossed all his limits. How can he murder his own brothers! He didnt even care about our maata. All of it has to be the idea of our dear mamasree Shakuni! Duryodhan and mamasree were quieter before but then one day that Radheye Karn entered our lives. That day in the arena he suddenly appeared before us challenging me in my forte. We fought and I cant help but praise his skills. He is a brilliant archer. One thing about him however confused me and that is his golden armour. That armour is divine and if he is a sutaputra then how is he equipped with a gift from the gods! The chemistry between me and Angraj has always been fierce. He challenges me and I accept his petty challenges. He is Duryodhan's best friend which has furthur multiplied my hatred for him!
"Arjun where are you lost?" Jyesth Bhtata Yudhisthir asked bringing me back to the present.
As of now we five brothers are living with our mother in the forest. We somehow had escaped the burning palace. We wanted to return and claim our rights but maata's tears stopped us.
She didnt want to return to Hastinapur. She didnt want any more difficulties. She wanted us to lead a simple life and thus we obeyed our mother. The simple life is not hard...its somewhat really addictive. Living a simple life without any care of the world is a dream we princes were living. But we also knew this was not forever. Madhav knew we were alive. He would take us back eventually and though I love this life I would be equally happy to return to Hastinapur.
"We need to visit King Drupad's daughter's swayamvar. Madhav had specified that he would be present there and our presence in that swayamvar is of extreme importance" Jyesth Bhrata Yudhisthir said.
We nodded. We followed Madhav blindly. Not because he was the most powerful man in the entire Aryavrat but because of his simplicity. There was something divine about him. He was magical yet he was the most humble man I have ever witnessed. If Madhav wanted us to be a part of the swayamvar then I suppose we have no other choice.
We reached the arena. We were disguised as brahmins. We can see the arrogant princes seated in their respective seats. It took me barely a few seconds to spot Duryodhan and his gang. Duryodhan and mamasree were busy plotting. What are they still plotting? They think we are dead. Beside Duryodhan sat Dushashan following his brother blindly. Can I blame him though? I mean I too follow my Bhrata blindly. Thank God my brother is nothing like Duryodhan.
And there is my arch rival. My only competition in the entire Aryavrat. If anyone can defeat Arjuna then it is Karna. The others are no competition to our superior arching skills. Angraj seems a little out of place. He is looking around trying to observe his surroundings. He doesnt feel comfortable.
King Drupad invited his special guest in the swayamvar. And there entered our brother...our power...our Madhav with his beautiful smiled pasted in his lips. He undoubtedly is divine. He entered the arena. He greeted Duryodhan and his brothers though his tone had a certain coldness within him. However he greeted Angraj warmly like a friend. He seems to have a soft corner for Angraj. Then Madhav was seated in his seat. He looked at us. With his eyes filled with delight he smiled at me indicating that he has recognized us. I smiled back as tears of Joy rolled down my cheeks. I was seeing my best friend after so long! He too seemed emotional and tried to wipe away his tears.
"And now I would call my daughter to join us in the arena. My daughter is a mantra prasad of Agnidev! She is born from a yagna and thus is named Yagyaseni! She is popularly known as Draupadi, Drupad's daughter! " Drupad announced as a smile touched his face. I had never imagined my life to take such a turn that day in the swayamvar. But it did. I saw the most beautiful woman I had ever witnessed. She slowly walked towards the arena. A smile in her face made her look like a goddess and her beautiful eyes were yearning for love. I could feel my heart beat exploding with joy.
"Draupadi" I whispered under my breath.