Yudhisthir is in love?!

Draupadi's pov
For a second I didn't know how to react. The woman had completely blown my mind. I looked at Karn who himself looked shaken. Strangely J didn't feel any negativity or any jealousy against that woman. Maybe because I trusted Karn more than myself now or maybe because she looked so distressed and helpless that I was more curious to know her story than to panic about my husband's second marriage.
"What do you mean Niyati? Are you okay? Why do you wanna marry me? Moreover I am sorry but I can't accept this proposal...I am already married and have no intention of getting married again." Karn said with a straight face though he too seemed interested in knowing the reason behind Niyati's sudden proposal. I had heard about Niyati, Karn's childhood friend, how they were inseparable and had the purest form of friendship ever possible. Did this friendship eventually turn into love? I was yet to learn.
Karn's pov
I was so confused. Why was Niyati requesting such a thing?! What was her story.
"Karn it's about my life! My entire life depends on this. Last week I was supposed to get married to a man named Vedant but during the wedding procession the guy suddenly died of an attack in his heart. He was unwell and died right before the completion of our wedding. The entire village started blaming me for my fiancee's early demise. People started calling me the alakshmi and the epitome of evil and a witch and what not. Everyone were sure that I was a witch woman who has killed her husband even before she got married. The villagers had burnt our houses. They tried to kill me and my father when I appealed to the village head. He clearly stated that if I could prove that I was not a bad luck and if I could marry a man without him breathing his last then they would spade me and my father. If I get married to a man without him passing away in between then they will not kill us. They had abducted my father and will kill him if I can't prove them wrong within three days. " Niyati said her eyes filling with tears.
I was completely disgusted by such attitude of those villagers. How could they term a human as Ill luck and what face them the freaking authority to take their lives.
"How dare they?! How can they threaten to endanger your lives when they haven't given you this freaking life of yours! Only God has the right to give or take our lives from us. Take me to your village! I won't spare them!" Draupadi spoke angrily.
Niyati being a reserved and soft-spoken girl since her childhood was not used to my Draupadi. She was genuinely surprised by such display of courage.
My Drau is too amazing and I don't know if I deserve her but I freaking love her.
That's so shocking!" A voice was heard.
Yudhisthir stood completely perplexed at the door step.
"Such an incident is unheard of! This is troubling! Is this the future of our Hastinapur?! If you don't mind can I please join you? This will give me an insight in these people's mentality and I will be able to help in case of any law or stuff...I have full knowledge regarding this" he said. He seemed really eager to help. I had also observed the fascination in his eyes towards my beautiful friend. Did Yudhisthir like Niyati? It's too early for Yudhisthir. He was not a hopeless romantic like me and Arjun! He definitely was more interested in the case and the villagers' injustice towards Niyati.
I nodded as I wanted Yudhisthir to accompany me. He was the Dharmaraj. He could provide us with amazing knowledge insights and even convince the people. Moreover I personally really admired Yudhisthir's no compromise attitude towards honesty.

Yudhisthir's pov
I didn't know why I was so interested in helping the beautiful country girl of Hastinapur. The poor girl definitely deserved justice and I would've helped her anyway but there was another reason as well. I could never ever confess about this to anyone but the first moment I saw Niyati I felt a connection towards her. She was sleeping in Karn's chamber when I accidently entered the room and was awestruck by her innocent beautiful face. She seemed so pure and beautiful and as I heard about her problem I could not stop myself from helping her. I wanted to go to that village and punish those dumbheads for troubling this beautiful and innocent woman.

Draupadi's pov
As we entered the village in Hastinapur the entire environment seemed a little tense. The villagers were all in their respective homes.
"Many villagers know I am not at fault yet they don't support me. They stay mumb and remain scared of the panchayat and the vocal goons who are waiting for the right opportunity to burn me and my father alive." Niyati said sadly.
I felt so sorry for the poor girl. How was any of it her fault yet all the people were blaming her ?! I will kill those villagers with my bare hands if I find them.
"Don't worry we are here to protect you" Yudhisthir said with confidence.
This was the first time Yudhisthir had spoken directly to Niyati. Karn and I looked at each other. There definitely was a sexual tension between them. It was clearly evident that Yudhisthir liked Niyati amd Niyati too seemed to like the calm and serene nature of the eldest Pandava.
"This wretched witch is again here! Her shadow is dangerous for our marital life and our family. We should have burnt her like we have burnt her father!" A man shouted.
Niyati looked shockingly at the man.
"What do you mean?! What....what did...you do to my fatherrr?!" Niyati stammered voice betraying her completely.
"We have killed that old hag. He was still defending a witch like you and this we killed him! It's your turn now!" The man cried. The village head didn't object. He stood there enjoying the scene. As the man approached Niyati two large figures blocked his way standing like a protective shield before Niyati.
"Who do you think you are!? Who gave you the authority to kill her father! You will be punished with a death penalty!" Yudhisthir said raising his voice
This was the first time I had seen Yudhisthir acting so aggressive but that man was such a trash that it was justifiable. Karn stood along with Yudhisthir shocked to learn about the death of his dear uncle.
"Who are you to question my action?! You are an outsider!" The man said.
"Samrat Yudhisthir?!" The village head exclaimed with shock as he recognised Yudhisthir. I keep forgetting how Yudhisthir was the most powerful Kong in the aryavrat now.
"Angraj Karn!?" He exclaimed as he recognised my dear husband as well.
Karn and Yudhisthir looked at him angrily while Niyati looked at them In a grateful manner.
The villagers were completely shocked however some of them continued protesting.
"We can't accept tis wretched witch! She has killed her husband. She will be a bad impact on our household. Throw her out of here!" An old woman cried.
The other men supported her. Before anyone could utter another word Yudhisthir spoke up.
"You all need proof that Niyati is not a witch right?! You all will accept her only if she marries a random person without the man dying...right? Well in that case you all don't need to accept Niyati! She is too good for you rotten village anyway. She will stay in Indraprast! Moreover I will make sure all of you recieve good amount of punishment for cold bloodedly murdering an innocent man!" Yudhisthir said as he held Niyati's hand and started walking towards our chariot.
"I am telling you he likes her". Karn whispered close to my ear.
"Suredly" I whispered back.