Panchali's confession

Arjun's pov
Days passed as I viewed Panchali with discretion. She seemed so lost and disturbed. She was quiter than usual and I felt guilty for not being with her all the time. But she didnt seem to mind. She wanted to stay alone she had declared once.
One night I was strolling alone in my garden when I saw a silhouette sitting alone in a rock. It was a very familiar figure. As I approached the shadow I slowly recognized her. But what was she doing here at the middle if the night? It was not safe for her to stay outdoors at night.
"Panchali" I said.
She slowly turned around with a blank feeling filling her eyes.
"Are you okay Panchali? You seem really distressed now a days" I said.
Since we had reached Indraprast Panchali seemed a little off. She was polite towards everyone however she was not chirpy as earlier. I had noticed it very well but I didnt ask. Now was the time I could ask her freely.
"Arya...I was thinking about Angraj. I feel I have wronged him" She said as she continued gazing at the beautiful night sky.
"Its not your fault Panchali. You didnt want to marry two men...this decision was imposed upon you. Your life became a hurdle because of our ego wars. Honestly my ego war with Angraj. I shouldn't have participated in that swayamvar after Angraj won your hand" I said for the first time admitting to my mistake. It was true. Because of our enmity Panchali's life was filled with miseries.
"No! I loved you yet I didnt let him go! I always claimed my right over him though He was never allowed to do the same. It was always according to my wishes! And Angraj accepted everything! I was so selfish Arjun! I didnt think about him and now when he's gone I cant help but realise how awful I had been with him. I had shared all his joys and he had shared all my griefs. He was my constant support Arjun. And now when I dont find him beside me anymore...it pains so much" Panchali said silently wiping a tear off her eyelashes.
I didnt know how I felt at that moment but it was not jealousy or rage. It was a strange feeling as if I understood exactly what she meant. As of I knew what she was referring to as I felt the same way for the Yadava princess.
"Why do you both hate each other?" Panchali asked suddenly.
She had never asked this question before. I didnt know how to answer her. I myself wasnt sure why I felt so hostile towards the king of Anga.
"I guess we are too similar to like each other. " I replied.
Panchali nodded as if agreeing to my answer completely.
"Yet you both are so different" She sighed sadly as she rose up to leave.
"Do you want to go to Anga?" I asked suddenly.
I didn't know why but I wanted Panchali to stay happy and she was not happy away from Angraj.  She wouldn't admit it but I knew she had fallen for the handsome king of Anga.

Draupadi's pov
I was taken aback as Arjun asked me that question. I had never expected Arjun to be so selfless...he was selfish like me. Unlike Angraj. I couldnt spend a single moment when Angraj's thoughts didnt trouble me. His words...his confession...his presence- I missed everything.
I simply nodded as I looked at Arjun with a smile. I wanted to visit Anga. I had to confess my true feelings towards him and the truth was that I couldn't live without him. Since the last few months he had been an integral part of my existence and how could I ever stay away from him. I needed to tell him how I felt. I was not sure if I loved him but what I felt for him was too strong and inexpressible.
"Tomorrow morning we leave for Anga!" Arjun said cheering me up.
I hugged Arjun tightly as I muttered a thanks.
"Angraj amd you have suffered a lot because of my stubbornness. It's time I get it right. AND I know love cant be selfish" Arjun said as he caressed my hair .
Next morning we were supposed to leave for Anga when suddenly an invitation came to our palace. It was an invitation to the swayamvar of princess Asawari.
"Renowned princes and kings all over the world are participating in this event. She is afterall the most prosperous kingdom's princess." Yudhisthir remarked.
"What competition is it?" Bheem asked.
"Archery....we never get our chances you see! " Yudhisthir said as he portrayed a smile.
"Even the archers waste their time by going there. The competition is always won by either bhrata Arjun or Angraj Karn" Nakul commented.
"AND both of them are invited." Yudhisthir said.
I looked up trying to register the information. Ofcourse they were invited....they were the best archers in the entire Aryavrat.
"Ready to go? Arjun nudged me .
"Uhh...why dont We attend the swayamvar before. Karn will be there...I can go with him" I said .
Arjun nodded .
As we reached the swayamvar I found so many princes and kings waiting eagerly to win Asawari. I knew Asawari when she had visited us in Panchal. She was a pretty girl and a sweet person. I found very limited women in the crowd. I quietly joined my brother in laws as Arjun went and got seated in the seat. Arjun had clearly mentioned he wouldn't win the challenge. He would deliberately lose it. He was there to pay his respect to the swayamvar...nothing else. The reason was clearly Subhadra.
My eyes however was searching for the kingdom Anga. Where was he seated ? As I spotted him I could spot the distress in his face. What was troubling him?
"The swayamvar would soon begin! Asawari will soon arrive. Till then the princes and kings can take some rest. They must be tired after the day's journey" The king declared.
Everyone got up from their seats.
As I approached Karn I was forestalled by another beautiful maiden. She was the princess herself. Asawari!
"I hope you win this competition! You are the reason I am alive! You have saved my life Angraj" Asaqari said.
I didnt know what was happening but they definitely knew each other.
"I will try my best princess" Karn said as he smiled at the princess.
I could feel a heavy feeling...and that was the moment I realised that I was in love with Angraj Karn. That was the reason I compared him with Arjun...that was the reason I hated Nayantara...that was the reason I kissed him back. How could I be such am idiot! Why didn't I realise my true feelings for Karna earlier! Now it was too late. Karn and Asawari seemed happy together. For the first time I knew what I had to do. I slowly approached my husband who was busy conversing with the beautiful Magadh Princess.