Wedding

Draupadi's pov

My hands trembled as Govind uttered those words. Why Mahadev?! Why are you testing my love in this manner! How can I choose between two ways when my choice would have been the third way?! I wanted Arjun! I only wanted Arjun...but Karn was imprinted in my destiny. How could I escape it?! I didnt know why but a sudden rage filled my heart. A sudden hatred towards the man who won me first. A sudden displeasure towards the handsome king of Anga. I wanted to cry. I wanted to shout. But mostly I wanted to hold Karn and question him why winning me was so important to him? I didnt know what to do? I wanted Arjun and I was getting Arjun but along with Karn. Which way should I choose?  I cant marry two men but my heart. It couldnt handle the pain of getting separated from my loved one. But the society wont accept me. Arjun himself wont accept me either. The fear of being rejected filled my heart in a drastic manner and I spoke my decision.
"I want to marry Angraj!" I announced.
Angraj looked at me with a sense of guilt visible in his eyes. Arjun didnt look at me. He just bowed down his head without uttering a word.
"But how is that justice Krishna? Arjun too has won Draupadi. Doesnt matter who won first. We cant discriminate capability in this manner. It will be dharma if she gets married to both!" A voice was heard.
It was maharishi Ved Vyas. He had shocked everyone with his speech.
Krishna looked at the great sage with a melancholic stare. I knew what was awaiting me. I knew this look of Krishna pretty well.
"I cant disobey you maharishi. You know dharma more than me. " Krishna said betraying me completely.
"But...how is this possible?! " My father protested .
"Women can marry several men. We have seen this tradition since the beginning of the earth. Manu , the first man of this earth too was the son  of several fathers and one mother" The pandava prince Yudhisthir said.
I didnt know what to say. Were they serious? They were really planning to get me married to two men?!
"But life will be harsh to Panchali!" Karn and Arjun spoke at the same time. I wanted to nod but I couldn't. I couldn't move. The situation was killing me.
"This is her destiny . And this is dharma. Now it depends on you all whether you want to follow dharma or not. She has to marry Karn but it will be partial dharma. For complete dharma she has to marry both Karn and Arjun. Now you all decide whether you want partial dharma or complete dharma?" Ved vyas asked giving his opinion. It was destiny and this was how destiny had planned to play itself, he concluded.
I didnt want any dharma. How can inflicting someone with pain be a part of dharma?! I didnt want to marry anyone at that moment. I just wanted to lead a simple life with my family. As I had lived since so many years in Panchal. Before I could say furthur everything was decided.
"Full dharma should be obtained in my kingdom!" My father declared.
Karn and Arjun gave me a final look. Thus it was decided. Complete dharma would be fulfilled . What about Panchali? She will adjust like other women...women are supposed to adjust! I could feel my blood boiling with rage. This male dominating society will never understand the pain of a woman! How can I blame the society when my best friend...my lover....my father none of them wished to think about my life ahead! All they ever wanted was to attain dharma.
"Sakhi" Krishna said as he rested his hand on my shoulder. I wanted to shrug it off. I wanted to leave and never look back at him again but his hand was like a support system on my shoulder. I felt positivity as Krishna touched me. I looked at him my eyes puffed up with tears. I was surprised to find his eyes were in similar condition. Tears filled his eyes as he looked at me. His eyes spoke a thousand words to me. They were consoling me.
"This is your destiny sakhi. And who can change one's fate?" Krishna sighed with grief. I wanted to curse my fate. I didnt want to accept the life destiny had chosen for me. But what can I do? I cant survive this brutal society alone. I needed a life partner and here destiny was offering me two. I smiled ironically and nodded. I didnt know how but I forgave Govind very easily. Maybe because I knew he was the only person who would stand beside me when I needed him the most.
As I was going to get ready Maharishi Ved vyas came up to me. I wanted to stay angry with him for destroying my life but his stare was so calm and just. How could I remain frustrated with such a man?!
"Dont get me wrong Putri. I am a mere human. This is decided by the gods.
I am just a medium to serve the purpose. You can hate me forever but this decisions taken to save you form worse pains which can inflict you in future." Ved vyas added.
I shuddered with fear. Worse pains...more difficulties! I didnt know what to say. I touched his feet and took his blessings. I couldnt stay cross with a man who apologised to me .
With a heavy heart I started walking towards my wedding pyre. It was arranged beautifully and there stood two men waiting to call me their wife.