Karn's shocking promise

Arjun's pov
Will she ever forgive me for the drastic step I took last night? I would have stayed the same if it wasn't for Subhadra. She made me realise how women have to go through all the time. I tried thinking about Panchali's miseries and her troubles were far more intimidating than mine. Mine seemed nothing compared to hers.
"Panchali, My Panchali!" I sighed hopelessly. I was so in love with her. I had to apologise to her.
"Arjun!" I heard a very familiar voice outside my chamber. It was...it cant be...Angraj?
The dasis entered and informed that Angraj Karn and his wife wanted to have a word. His wife Panchali?
I let them in. Angraj supported Draupadi as they walked in. She was looking so weak and depressed. It was all my doing. I needed to rectify my mistake.
"Arjun You cant hurt Panchali un this manner. If her staying with me troubles you that much then I have a solution " Angraj said.
What? I didnt interrupt though I should have. I should have said it didnt matter anymore. I didnt care anymore. Panchali was the woman I loved. But the greed of the solution to my problem prevented me from speaking.
"Panchali will stay with you and I will get out of you both's lives" he said softly.
Panchali looked at him in a shocking manner. I myself was completely taken aback. Was Angraj serious?!
"I am not used to so much complications. You were right. I am the third wheel thus I should leave you both alone. I promised Panchali earlier that I will never claim my rights over her and today I promise you Arjun I will leave your way and only come back when Panchali wants me to" Angraj said.
He gave a final look to Panchali and smiled a little assuring her. Panchali was still trying to recover from her shock. And I...well I was selfishly glad. I know I should stop Angraj and remind him of his duties towards Panchali but the thought of having Panchali all to myself had blinded me. I didnt speak a word as Angraj left the chamber and probably Hastinapur forever.

Draupadi's pov
I tried to balance myself as Angraj uttered those words. Why did these people decide everything about my life without asking me anything. Angraj had consoled me when I needed someone the most and him leaving my life forever couldnt be a good thing. I loved Arjun but that didnt mean I didnt consider Angraj as my husband.  Did I ? I am not sure. But the farewell was not easy as I had imagined. Biding his goodbye was the most difficult thing I had go go through. But it meant I was Arjun's completely now. The selfish thoughts of having my love surrounded me but I needed to meet Karn for the last time. If it was a farewell then it better be like one. I looked at Arjun and ran out of the chamber. As I came out of the palace I saw Angraj standing by the gates. He was looking up at the sky towards the stars.
"What are you doing here? You should be with Mr-I-Cant-see-you-with-anyone,  right?" He said smiling sarcastically.
"I...I never told you...you need not have done this" I said trying my best to hide my emotions.
"Well Panchali I need not have won the swayamvar as well" he said .
He looked so gorgeous as the moon light shone over his gawdly face. The spark emitting from him was captivating.
"You deserve better Angraj...you can get married again...have a great wife and she will love you so much" I said.
"You think so? Well lets hope so but I am not sure if I will remarry" he said .
I didnt know how to feel. For a brief moment I felt possessive about Karn...when he said he hoped he found the girl whom loved him. Then he replied he wont remarry and a strange glee filled my heart. I cursed myself for having such indespicable thoughts. I wanted Arjun but I also wanted Karn to not remarry. How damn selfish!
"I...think you shouldn't have taken this decision" I found myself saying.
"Well you should be happy...you will get Mr-I-hate-Angraj all to yourself " he said.
"Why does he hate you so much?" I asked. This was a mystery unknown to me. I wanted to know but both Arjun and Karn seemed to hide it from me.
"Ask Arjun. You will like his version more" he said and smiled oddly.
I didnt say anything more as I saw him leave .

Karn's pov
I tried my best to stay strong. Leaving her with Arjun was not easy. I would have to get used to it. She seemed a little disturbed by my decision...the only compensation I would ever get. My wife was a little disheartened when I left her. Well destiny!
As I reached Anga I entered my chamber for some relaxation.
"Where is your wife?" Vrushali asked.
I didnt want to talk about it but Vrushali wont listen so I told her the matter.
"That's good...you know you shouldn't be there where you aren't wanted. You should be with someone who will love you and care for you" Vrushali said as she began walking towards me. It was a little weird. She came closer and slowly caressed my back . Okay this was not happening! Vrushali couldn't do this!
"Vrushali what are you doing!" I cried as I pulled back distancing myself from her.
"I know you like me too Karn...and your wife loves Arjun. You can marry me and we will lead a happy life" she said.
The exact words Panchali had said. Maybe both of them were right but I wasnt ready for the right thing yet.
"I am already married. Moreover I have no feelings towards you" I replied coldly and left the chamber.