The last ride

The day after Veronica gave the Nine Nine a bad review the squad sat in the briefing room, taking their fair share of stress about weather precinct will be closed down as Holt walked into the room before placing his file on the podium.

"Attention, squad." Holt alerted the gathered team before placing on his glasses. "Here's where we stand vis-Ã -vis whether or not the precinct will be shut down." He reads the file in front of him before darting his gaze back up. "The precinct will be shut down." He said.

"What?" Amy's mouth slacked open as people mutter i'm confusion. "No! But I thought the official hearing wasn't until tonight. Amy's friend at HQ heard that maybe the Seven-Four was getting shut down instead." Dean shouted.

Gina's squints and tilts her head slightly to the side, "There's no way that's true. Amy doesn't have a friend." She argued. "I do so!" Amy wiped around swiftly to face Gina seated behind her. "Although, I only see her at work events, and we only talk through email. Oh, God, she's just a colleague." He eyes widened in shock.

"Santiago's work acquaintance is correct." Captain said which cause Amy to grin. "Tonight at 7:00 the committee is choosing between us and the Seven-Four, although the Seven-Four has a significant advantage. They house an elite gang task force." "Well, this is on you, sir." Jake perked up in his seat. "I begged you for a task force, but no, you wouldn't give me funding for Strike-Team Thunder-Kill Alpha, colon, Hard Target." He grinned. "I may be mistaken but I don't think you ever told him what it was for" Dean sighed.

"It's a strike team that... kills thunder and puts its colon on hard targets." Jake muttered. "They're gonna split us up and send us all to different precincts. This is the last time I'm gonna stand up here and look at you guys." Terry piped up from the front as he glances over the gathered squad in front of him before eying Hitchcock's crouch. "Hitchcock, close your damn legs!" He yelled as Hitchcock drops his leg from the table to the ground.

"No! This isn't over yet." Jake stood up before placing his hands on his hips. "Sure, maybe we don't have Strike-Team Thunder-Kill Alpha, colon, Hard Target, but we're the Nine-Nine. We have Rosa and Charles, Gina, Dean, Amy and Terry, and Carl!" He exclaimed. "It's Mark." Dean corrected. "Sorry. I was just trying to include someone from outside the inner circle." Jake apologized. "There's an inner circle?" Mark's face fell.

"The point is we're not rolling over. We're gonna solve a huge case before the hearing tonight, and then the NYPD cannot shut us down." Jake explained. "So come on, Captain, give me something big and juicy." He points to himself before drawing his teeth over his lower lip. "What do you got?" Holt glanced down to the file, "A ten-year-old had his bike stolen." He read. "We are S'ed in the B." Jake announced.

~

Terry sighed before scrambling out of his desk as he eyed Rosa and Dean in the kitchen, "Hey, guys, HQ isn't giving us any new cases because we might shut down. You guys have anything?" He walked up to the two. "No, sorry, I got nothing," Rosa said dryly. "Sorry sarge, nothing." Dean shrugged.

"I am one arrest away from the all-time precinct record. Two more solves would have put me over the top." Terry complained. "So? Nothing wrong with second place." Rosa shrugged. "Name one silver medalist." Terry told her.Without any hesitation, Rosa and Dean answer with, "Michelle Kwan." In unison.

"No! What? She fell." Terry reminded the two girls. "Besides, it's not about me wanting the record. It's about who currently has it. Hitchcock." He mumbled in shame. "Hitchcock?" Rosa, and Hitchcock get taken back in shock as they shout his name. "How is that possible?" Rosa asked folding her arms over her chest in disbelief. "He's been here 20 years longer than me, and New York City in the '80s was basically 'The Purge'." Terry lifted his brows in a reminisced state and Dean shrugs in agreement nodding her head.