Chapter 1

"Papa...Papa..."

Michael Shen [1] heard a crisp but immature voice that seemed to be calling him . He moved his hands to cover his ears to drown out the voice but instead seemed to feel something soft . His reflex actions, honed from years of survival instincts, forced him to sit up quickly and take a quick look . One look and he was stunned .

Where am I?

Am I safe or have I somehow be magically transported to somewhere else?

Michael Shen could vaguely recall that he was in a private charter boat . He was very happy when he found a King Crab caught in his crab trap . He slowly lifted up the crab trap and was about to bring it on board the boat, when a strong wave suddenly hit the boat . The impact forced Michael Shen overboard . As he fell into the water, he dimly heard the sound of a woman screaming, and someone diving into the water . Then all is dark and quiet .

When he next woke up, he found himself in this European style room, and his hand has held on to a four to five years girl's hand .

Before Michael Shen could speak a single word, his brain was suddenly overwhelmed with a ton of information . The information overload hit Michael Shen hard, and he ended up closing his eyes and ears to shut everything out . The feeling of shutting everything out was like when he fell overboard and everything turned dark and quiet .

In his past life, Michael Shen could be considered quite famous . He was the son of a tycoon and was born with a silver spoon in his mouth . He has no interest in inheriting his father's vast business empire and is more interested in eating and tasting the world's best food . He styled himself as a food critic . Thanks to his father's wealth, he was able to dine and wine in the finest and most expensive restaurants worldwide . However, Michael Shen has a very acidic tongue and his comments on food are very harsh . This harsh critique, combined with his coverage of almost all the Michelin starred restaurants, has built over a million followers to his food blog in less 3 years .

Michael Shen felt that he has only expressed his honest personal opinions of the food that he had eaten . Because he often exaggerated about the shortcomings of each food he ate, he was universally hated by almost all the shops that he had given a critique of . Every day, he would receive over a thousand emails or messages that cursed him . Many of these curses hoped that he will fall into the ocean and drown, and be reincarnated as a chef . Although he did not believe in curses, these letters cursing him did annoy him .

Now that he thought about it, maybe the curses of these people had come true . After all, he had fallen into the sea and drown . Surely the heavens are not that unmerciful?

But he did not dwell on these thoughts for long, as he was attracted to the endless stream of incoming information into his brain . From the information he received, he was sure that his soul has been transferred to another person's body . This person was a fallen warrior who can never pick up his sword again .

The information and feelings about his present life slowly merged with his soul and knowledge about his past life, and he has no control over this process .

From his present self, he learns that the current world he is living in resembled a fantasy world like the role-playing games he had played . This world has dragons, demons, orcs, elves, dwarves, and humans etc .

About one hundred years ago, most of the races living in this world had signed an armistice agreement . Under this agreement, various races agreed to live in peace with one another, and the war that had raged for thousands of years between the various species came to an end .

Although there is a ceasefire and it is a time of peace, there are still conflicts among the various races . After fighting for over a thousand years, the feelings of hate and suspicious of other races were deeply ingrained into the population and was not easily broken just because of a treaty . Although there are still conflicts, these skirmishes are usually minor and are between two parties rather than a long out war based on race .