Chapter 19

Michael was stunned at Amy's quick change in mood. Amy must have felt that she did not help to collect money as she had not successfully collected the money by herself.

He placed the bowl of fried rice for Amy on the dining table, and looked in Amy's eyes. Michael felt a bit of pain in his heart - Amy seemed to lack confidence in herself. In his eyes, Amy is just 4 years old. That she is willing to help out is already a huge blessing for him.

"Why did you say that? You are not useless! Today we manage to sell 4 plates of fried rice was all due to you. Also, you are good at maths. You could calculate that price of 4 plates of fried rice is 2400 copper coins! But Grandpa Moby did not have so much copper coins on him. Therefore, he could only use these gold coins to substitute." Michael looked into Amy's eyes, and shook his head to indicate that Amy was not useless.

"Really?" Hearing Michael's words, Amys eyes shone. But she still seems to lack confidence.

"Of course it is real! It is my fault that you have not seen a gold coin. This is because Papa had not earned a single gold coin before. If you must blame someone, then the blame should fall on me. That is because I did not inform you about the exchange rate between copper coins, silver coins, gold coins and dragon coins. All these coins may be used to purchase items. I am sorry not for informing you early. Forgive me?" Michael nodded his head, and his face showed his regret.

"No, no! I am not blaming you, Papa. Papa loves me the most." Amy shook her head, and looked a bit shamed, "Teacher Luna had taught me before. But but so many copper coins, become how many gold coins, I could not remember. There are so many things to count and I .."

Michael eyebrows twitched. He almost could not resist laughing. This explanation is so cute! But looking at Amy's eyes that dare not to look at him, he could not help feeling uncomfortable.

The external environment has a great influence on ones character, especially at the early age when Amy is slowly shaping her own views and forming habits.

In the past, they were very poor. In addition, there were humans and elves that despised the half-elves. All these made her feel a little inferior and not very confident.

Luckily Amy is still young, and these feelings just barely taken root. Michael is confident that he could slowly help her adjust and become a confident young lady.

"In future I will not allow others to look down on or laugh at Amy. With my own hands, I will make sure she will grow up to become a happy and confident princess." Michael told himself.

When it comes to maths, this world's standard of maths is quite weak when compare to that of Earth. They could do simple calculations involving addition and subtraction, but take some time to calculate anything involving two or more digits.

This world has just emerged from centuries of war. In the past, preference was given to training in battle skills instead of academics. The world has just recently achieved peace. Therefore, it is not strange that academics are quite weak at this time.

Michael had some ideas to build up Amy's confidence.

On Earth, China could be counted among the countries with the highest standards of Maths [1]. One of the reasons is that that there is a song that make it easy for students to learn about multiplication [2].

"Let's finish our meal first. After we have eaten, I will teach you a song. Once you learned this song, you should be much better in maths than your peers in the Chaos school. As well, this song will make it easier for you to count how much a customer should pay." Michael stroked Amy's hair and placed the small bowl of fried rice in front of her.