Chapter 9

Amy saw that Michael suddenly stopped moving, and just stood there with the empty plate of fried rice in his hand . She was puzzled and asked, "Papa, what happened?"

"Oh, nothing! Amy, drink some water first . If you are bored, you may play in the restaurant . Papa will go into the kitchen to cook . " Michael immediately smiled as he shook his head to indicate that nothing is wrong . He pushed the glass of water towards Amy, and quickly made his way to the kitchen .

"Oh, what a pretty crystal cup!" Amy happily picked up the glass of water and examined it from all angles . She could not bear to drink the water inside the glass . The glass of water looks so pretty!

When Michael walked into the kitchen, the voice of the [System] rang out again . "All the ingredients in the kitchen are specially imported from all over this world . We procured the ingredients directly from the farms, fishing grounds or pastures so that it is fresh . These ingredients are sold to you at the purchased prices . We did not even include the price of logistics or transportation costs . Our prices are definitely honest and fair . "

"You considered a shallot that cost one copper coin for just one piece of shallot as 'fair price'?" Michael asked sarcastically . If he was not worried that the [System] may punish him in some way, he would have unleashed a barrage of criticisms on the [System] using his acidic tongue .

The currency system in this world evolved slowly over the past 100 years . During the Great War between the various races, most of the transactions were completed using barter . After the peace treaty was signed, commerce flourished . To facilitate commercial trade, the monetary system re-emerged . Each race issued their own currency .

As trade between the various races flourished and intensified, travelling merchants were plagued by a problem . The merchants haggled and disagreed on the issue of exchange rates .

In the end, the trader guilds and banks declared the currency of Luo Si Country as a universally used currency, due to its abundant supply, proper exchange rate, stable currency, and slow depreciation .

The universally used currency in this world comprises of bronze coins, silver coins, gold coins and dragon coins . Bronze coins are the smallest unit of currency, and on planet Earth, you could think of each bronze coins as $1 note .

10 bronze coins equal one silver coin.

10 silver coins equal one gold coin .

10 gold coins equal one dragon coin .

In his past life, a plate of $296 fried rice is not considered too expensive to dine at Michelin starred restaurants . After all, there were a lot of rich people on Earth .

But now, he is the boss of this restaurant, and this world is not Earth . If his cost is already 296 copper coins, does it means that he had to sell one plate of fried rice at 500 copper coins to make a profit? At this price, the customers may beat him to death .

After all, right now he is residing in the City of Sin . And this city is a chaotic city with all kinds of people .

"This green beans was grown in the Orcs territory, in an untouched plain in the heart of Twilight Forest . Each day, the green beans are exposed to 16 hours sunshine to maximise its nutrients . Every green bean plant can only produce a maximum of 100 green peas . And we only select the 10 best green peas of each plant . Each green pea is guaranteed to be full of nutrients and taste sweet . "

"These big prawns come from the Staro Sea that is located east of Luo Si Country . In the Staro Sea, near the Solomon Islands, lie the spawning grounds of these unique prawns with rare lilac markings . The region around these islands is highly dangerous, and there are sea monsters in the vicinity . In this region, there are no humans or demi-humans activity . Each year, only 100,000 prawns are spawned . These prawns are extremely fresh and delicious .