Chapter 7

After cleaning the bathroom, Michael glanced at Amy, who was still soundly asleep . He put the set of clothes that he found in the closet, the dress, socks and shoes next to the small bed .

As he thought of how adorable Amy would be when she wore the new dress, he could not help but smile .

He grabbed a set of small toiletries and made his way down the stairs .

Michael was very familiar with this kitchen . But the kitchen had several subtle changes . For example, last night there were no cooking utensils available for use in the kitchen . But today, in the kitchen, all the cooking utensils had become available .

He opened the fridge and discovered that all the ingredients he needed were also already stocked in the fridge . Even the live prawns were placed in a special compartment within the fridge, where they were swimming happily .

"Now is the time to cook for real, and make a lovely breakfast for Amy . " Michael washed his hands, and began to cook the rice .

"Papa?" Shortly after, on the second floor of the building, Amy turned around sleepily and reached out with her hands, but she did not feel the familiar touch of her dad .

Slowly, she opened her eyes, and glance at the foreign room, and for a moment, she did not know where she was . Then she recalled that this is the new room that her father had magically conjured .

She looked around, and did not see her father on the bigger bed beside her bed, and started to panic . Amy held on to the bedside railings and tried to sit up .

But she had barely got up from the bed when she was attracted by the scene of the black dress that was placed near her bed . Her eyes shone .

In a shriek of delight, she grabbed hold of it, and rubbed it against her face . The smooth and soft feeling of this dress made her shout out in joy, "This must the dress that my father gave to me . It is so pretty . I love it!"

Michael did not know that Amy has already waked up . The rice cooker is so convenient and efficient . In a very short span of time, the rice is ready . The rice may be freshly cooked, but each grain of rice seem to shine with a bright gleam, and the aroma of the freshly cooked rice is very pleasing to smell .

"What type of rice is this? Even if it is just white rice, I think I can easily wolf down two bowls . " Michael could not help but wonder . And these prawns, even if you just poached them in the water, the taste of these prawns would be pretty fresh and tasty .

He gathered all the ingredients needs to make a plate of Yang Zhou Fried rice, and washed them . But when he picked up the knife and is about to slice the ingredients, his expression changed . He looked very serious and focused on his tasks . This is based on his experience in the training grounds - that when cooking, he needs to give it his all . It is an attitude that all great chefs must have .

The Chinese cleaver seemed to be alive as it danced in quick succession . Regardless if it is the tender bamboo shoot or the hard-shelled prawns, all of them were minced into grain size ingredients . After practicing his knife skills for at least ten thousand times, his skills had improved a lot .

Of course, there is no chef in the world that could repeatedly practice their knife skills like him . The cost of the wasted ingredients would be enough to make any chef go broke .

He added the oil to the wok, and then he fried the ingredients as per recipe . After a short while, a tantalizing aroma whiffed out of the kitchen . If you could visualize the scent of the food as a whiff of smoke, that whiff of smoke floated through the door that was left ajar, up the stairways and into the bedroom .