Chapter 1

Tony parked in front of the house, and a giant rock finally fell from his heart. He looked at the redhead sitting in the passenger seat. "We're home," he breathed, and she gave him a small smile. She, too, was glad it was over.

"I guess I should apologize," she began quietly. This wasn't the part she was looking forward to. And being a Black Widow literally a few seconds ago made it a thousand times worse for her.

"We'll talk about it later, now let's just enjoy Peter being back home," he told her, getting out of the car. Meanwhile, a car parked next to them, where Rhodey was with the others.

"I need you to wake up for a moment, little bat. We're home," he whispered softly as he opened the back door.

The young brown-haired boy slowly opened his eyes and looked around in confusion. "Are we home?" he asked weakly.

"Yes, come on, there are a few people waiting for you who were worried about you," he told him with a small smile and helped him out of the car.

"I want to go sleep again. I saw my mom," he sobbed, "please let me sleep. I want to see her again."

This time it was Tony who was confused. He didn't even want to imagine what Peter had to go through there. "Mom's inside, little bat, waiting for you."

"Don't lie to me. I know she's not there. I know she's dead," he yelled desperately, and before Tony could even process his words, everything around him went black, and if Tony didn't hold him, he would end up on the ground.

"Did you hear what he said?" Tony whispered brokenly, staring at Natasha, waiting for her to tell him he had just overheard.

Natasha nodded with a slight frown before she remembered what had happened before Peter disappeared. "The car accident," she said in surprise, completely forgetting. "Tony, they had to tell him. They had to tell him Pepper was dead," she explained heavily. The woman with the strawberry-blond hair was alive, but only at the memory, they both had a chill on their backs.

Tony was speechless at her words. His throat went dry, his heart tightened. It was already terrible that his son was being held captive and someone experimented on him. But that they told him Pepper was dead? It was so cruel that he couldn't believe it. He didn't want to believe it. His poor little boy. This was far worse than any experiment. He knew from experience that mental pain was sometimes much worse than physical pain.

"What happened?" Bruce, who suddenly appeared, asked frightenedly. He himself was not yet in full form, but when he saw Peter pass out into Tony's arms, he climbed out of the car and hurried to them as quickly as possible. It cost him all his strength to stay on his feet, but he could rest later. First, he had to make sure Peter was okay. He was still blaming himself. If he refused Betty, none of this might have happened.

"He was asleep in the car and Tony woke him up so we could go home, but Peter was still weak and probably had a panic attack. He suddenly lost consciousness," replied Natasha, who was currently the only one who was able to speak. Tony just watched his motionless son with a broken expression on his face.

"It'll probably be just exhaustion, but I should look at him," he said in a determined voice, glancing at the redhead before she could even protest.

So Natasha just sighed and nodded softly. Tony finally went to the house with Peter in his arms and Bruce at his side. Nat was about to follow them, but she saw Steve standing quietly by the car.

"Maybe you should go to the Avengers headquarters. Rhodey will be happy to take you, and I'll make sure Tony calls you. It was a hard day and we all need some rest," she said with a small smile on her face. She didn't know if they were welcome at Tony's home, and she couldn't make that decision for him. It was enough that she called Steve. She didn't know if she would be welcome at all, but she didn't want to think about it now. She will talk to Tony and they will work it out. And then she'll do the same with Bruce.

"It sounds like a sensible idea. Let me know about Peter's condition, please. We're glad he's home," the Captain agreed and got back in the car.

The redhead stood still, watching them until they were out of sight. And when she didn't see them as a black dot in the distance, she took a deep breath, and finally, she walked inside. She longed for a shower. She longed to settle a relationship with Tony and Bruce. But she knew that none of this would happen at the moment, so she headed straight for Peter's room because she was sure she would find them all there. The surprise was when she found a brown-haired girl trampling in the hallway. Natasha had barely exchanged a few words with her in those few days. She wasn't like Pepper, who had practically adopted Michelle in the first minute she met her. She would have preferred to turn on her heel and disappear, but she wanted to see Peter, and the path to him was through Michelle.

"Is that a queue?" she joked as she reached her.

Michelle looked at her, startled, then shook her head. "I... everyone is inside. I thought I'd give them some space," she muttered.

"If everyone is inside one or two more people won't get in the way," Nat said, reaching for the doorknob, but the brunette's hand prevented her from doing so. Natasha looked at her with a question in her eyes. Michelle must have misinterpreted this look, as she quickly withdrew her hand and took a step back.

"Actually, I should probably go home. Let you handle it all as a family. I'm sure Peter will contact me when he's better. At least I hope so," said Michelle, who was suddenly nervous. What if Peter didn't want her here? What if none of them really wanted her here, but they didn't have the heart to tell her? She should go. She was just a nuisance.

"Right, we should handle it as a family," Natasha agreed, and before Michelle could register, she grabbed her hand and pulled her into Peter's room. The redhead knew that the girl was insecure, but there was really no reason for that. She already belonged to the Starks family just like her, Bruce, or even as Loki.

That was so special about Pepper and Tony.