Chapter 1: Welcome Home

Stella Knight

Ughhhh! Here I am outside my mom's house, and I really do not want to go inside. I am not sure if I should knock, ring the bell, or just walk inside. I went to try and knock on the door, but before I could I heard, "Can I help you?"

Oh, great that voice. Why me? Why is he here?

"I don't know. Can you?" I will not be shocked if he does not recognize me, I been fading a bit.

"Hopefully, you are at my best friend's house." He says. I reply, "Oh well then, I guess it's a good thing my mom didn't move." His mouth drops open in shock. I didn't think my mom would move anyways. She has a college professor house, so she lives on campus. "Stella?! How are you? Come on in. They've been expecting you." Xander excitingly says. "Yeah, it's me. I'm... uh same old same old." He opens the door for me and take my suitcases. I walk into the house I grew up in, but it's quiet in here. What if they forgot I was coming? What if they don't want me just like dad? Would mom complain about my hospital bills like dad's she-devil girlfriend?

"MOM!? TONY!? I'M HERE!" All I hear next and big heavy footsteps coming from upstairs to come down. Well, I guess it's a good thing Tony is home. No mom, guess shes teaching right now. "STELLA! My little sister!" Tony says coming to hug me softly, being careful with me. "Sorry, mom isn't home right now. She is teaching a class, but she made sure that I was home when you came." I smile for a few seconds, then respond, "That's okay Tony, I knew she probably would be. My room still the same?" I asked. He shakes his head no. "We moved your stuff like all it to the basement. We had a whole bathroom built down there for you too, so it is a large apartment for you. Your room kind of got turned into the guest room, but we made the window in the basement bigger, so you still have your bay window." Tony has a scared face, like I would freak out. I just stare and bust out laughing. Xander ask, "Why are you laughing?" I laughed so hard, I started coughing. Tony looks at me worried while Xander just looks questionable. "I've been wanting the basement since I was ten. I didn't complain though, but thanks. I'm going to go down and unpack and put my stuff away. Could you bring down Solaris? Hes in his cat kennel. He did not like the airplane ride so much, so he is a little grumpy. Be careful." I asked and warned. I go downstairs with all three of my suitcases, to my room. Tony was right it literally looks like a larger apartment, minus the kitchen. But I do have a bathroom, I have a little kitchen area with a sink, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, and cabinets. I just need to buy some pans, ingredients, plates, cups, mugs, and a few extra appliances. Mom and Tony, and I guess Xander literally made an apartment in our exceptionally large basement. I mean it is a size of a two-bedroom apartment, so I guess that helped.

I get to my bedroom area in the basement, and start unpacking and putting my clothes in the dressers, hanging them in the closet. Tony comes down with Solaris, in his kennel, and releases him from it the hellhole he so desperately doesn't like one bit. Tony installed the Cat Genie for in the bathroom, so I do not have to clean the litterbox. I got everything unpacked and go to the kitchen area to put down Solaris water and food bowls after I filed them so he can eat. "Mom should be back in another hour or two. So why did you come back? Mom said there were many complications." Tony was very confused, but I think he was happy I was back. "Dad's girlfriend, Debra, is a major bitch, and didn't like how he was spending his big-time lawyer money on his sick daughter's hospital bills. She thinks that his money should be used on her and her 'shopping.' What's really fucked up, is that dad agreed, Debra also wanted to kill Solaris because he kept scratching up her clothes and pooping in her stupid shoes. I mean when a cat does that, it blatantly means the cat DOESN'T like you. She thought I trained him to do that, but how the hell could I train my cat, when I've been schooling, and dealing with my treatments?" I rant about, fuming and taking more breaths than usual. Solaris notices and come running to calm me down. Tony ran upstairs to get my oxygen tank, bring it back down, so I can take slow breaths of air. I say a short of breath thanks to my brother.