Chapter 10: First Date

Stella Knight

Xander and I have been dating for 4 months now, but we haven't gone on a proper date yet. Plus, Xander wants to celebrate his win with me. The other teams quarterback was an asshole. I hope I never see him again.

I'm still in bed by the time Xander comes down. "Morning baby." He says, I give a groan responds. He chuckles, "Want cuddles and kisses, love?" He asks, and I give him a small smile with a little nod. He comes over and climb into my bed and wraps he muscly arms around me, and kisses my face all over. I grab the back of his neck, and kiss his lips.

I roll over onto him, "Your not upset that we haven't done anything sexual, are you?" I ask shyly, hoping he won't yell at me. "No baby. I know how you don't feel good most of the time. I'll wait as long as you want." He says back and kisses my nose. "Thanks Xan. I love you." I smile up at him, "I love you too, my Star." He said back. "Are you ready for our date later tonight?" He asks. I reply back, "Yeah, Rose is going to help me get ready. Hopefully, you'll think I look good, and not broken." He gives me a look that says, 'I'll never see you that way.'

He rubs my back, wraps me around him, and stand up from my bed. "We got to get you fed babe, and you got to take your meds." I nod an okay. Solaris meows for his food, so I give Xander the puppy dog eyes to feed my cat. He pecks my nose and nods. He feeds Solaris first and makes me pancakes. He sits down with me and eats. "Thank you, baby." I thank him. "Just wear something comfortable for you, love. Your perfect baby girl, you don't need to worry."

Tony comes down to see how I'm doing. "How you are doing, sis?" He asked. "I'm okay. I have an appointment with Dr. Owens, in a few hours. Then, Xander is taking me on a date at 7pm." I say smiling. Both Xander and Tony look at me, with worry. "How come I didn't know?", "How come I didn't know?" They say out the same time. "Cause I knew you guy are big worrywarts. I know y'all have a reason to worry, "I point to Tony, "because I'm your sister. Points to Xander, "And because I'm your girlfriend." I take a breath, "But I'm an adult, I'll be fine. My next chemo appointment isn't until next Thursday. Its always on a Thursday. Plus, he just wants to tell me about my progress." I tell them. Tony then asks, "Would you like if one of us came with you?" I shake my head no.

Few hours after I'm in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting for my appointment. Dr. Owens come out to get me few minute later. He take me back to his office to go over my progress. "The tumor in both of your breasts have shrunken. I reckon, that three of four more chemo and maybe one radiation, and your be in remission." He tells me. "Really?" I ask excitingly. "Yes, but there are chances it could come back in time. Lets just hope it doesn't. We will get rid of them first and have you in remission, before we make a plan." I nod in agreement. "Yeah, rather not jinx it." I say back. "Thank you, Dr. Owens. See you next Thursday." I say standing up, shaking his hand.

I get home with a solemn look on my face, just to trick everyone. "How'd it go baby?" Xander asks. I give and hand signal, so-so. I walk down to my apartment, hiding my smile. I know that Tony and Xander are following me. The only person I told about the news, is Rosemary, and she called me when I was driving home.

I put on my solemn face back on as soon as I feel arm wrap around me. "Don't worry about it Stel. Everything will be fine." Tony says trying to stay positive. Yeah, I know it will be. Ha-ha, just wait. "Hopefully." I say and Xan hugs me tighter, enough not to hurt me. "You and I will have fun tonight baby. I don't want your mind on it." Xander says, and I nod shortly.

I unwrap Xander arms from me and go lay down in my bed. Solaris jumps up and comes lays next to me. "Lets leave her alone man, I'll help you figure out where to take her tonight." My brother says to my silly boyfriend. I hear them go up my stairs and out my door, then my door closed. I giggle a little bit. "I hope it's bowling. I haven't been bowling in years." I tell my cat. "Come on Solaris, I want a nap before I get changed for my date." I peck his little furry head, and go to sleep.