Chapter 11: The Uh-Oh

Xander Stone

Our date was last Saturday, but that waitress we had was being a bitch. I glad she got booted. Next week is Stella's birthday, and I'm going to ask Tony and her mom, if it would be okay if I got her a promise ring.

"I want to talk to you guys in a few hours and talk about Stella's birthday next week and one of her presents." I tell both Tony and Ms. Knight.

I leave the kitchen and go down to my love's apartment in the basement. I sneak to her bed and wrap my arms around her. I kiss her shoulder, "Wake up baby. Your appointment is in 3 hours." She groans and tries to push me away. I chuckle. She rolls over, "Your lucky, you're a cute butthead." She says rolling out of bed. I follow her into the kitchen, just as Tony walks down her stairs. "Hey sis. Ready for Xander to go with you today?" He asks, and she just stares at him like he's stupid. I chuckle, while making Stella some pancakes.

I set her pancakes down when they are ready. Tony steals one off her plate and takes a giant bite out of it. Stella glares at her brother, and I'm trying not to laugh. She turns her glare to me, and I immediately zip my mouth. She grabs the syrup, opens it, pours, and covers her pancakes. Stella starts cutting up hers, as I set a plateful down on that island. I reply, "She still doesn't want me to go, but I'm excited to meet her chemo friends." Star glares at me, "Their friends going through cancer like me, and getting treatment. We don't call each other our 'cancer friends' dear boyfriend." She says sassily. I steal three bites of pancake from her, but she just giggles instead of getting mad. She finishes up her food, drinks the rest of her juice, then stand up, but stumbles a little bit. Tony catches her, "I'm fine. I just got up to fast." Stella says rushed. Stella turns around and walks to her room. Tony and I both stare at one another with our worried look.

Once Stella was dressed and ready to go, I went upstairs to get dressed. Came running down the stairs. "Star, you ready?" I ask, she just nods. She goes out to the car, and I see her fall. "Shit!" I practically yell. Tony and Ms. Knight look and all of us rush out to her, but she isn't getting up.

We all get in the car, and I have an unconscious Stella in my arms. I talk softly to her trying to get her to wake up, while her mom is driving us to the hospital. Tony is silently freaking out. I just want my girlfriend to wake up. We rushed there in 10 minutes, we got out and all ran into the ER, "HELP! My girlfriend, is unconscious and she not waking up." I frantically say out. "My daughter has Stage III breast cancer; her oncologist's name is Dr. Steve Owens. She was coming up her to do chemo but collapsed in the front yard on the way to the car." Ms. Knight says calmly, but I know deep down she is freaking out.

"Get me a gurney, and page Dr. Owens." The nurse yells, then she turns to us. "We're going to do a head CT and get lab work done. You can wait in the waiting room upstairs in the cancer wing."

We all head upstairs to wait in the waiting room. Tony is flipping out; Ms. Knight is crying. I'm trying not to punch the wall and have a major break down. Tony called their dad, but he doesn't care. He told Tony, "Okay and?" The stupid girlfriend said, "YES! Finally, little bitch had it coming." I really want to punch my Star's dad, and he stupid brainless girlfriend. "Tony, we should go into the chemo room and tell her friends." I say, he looks up and nods. Wipes away his tears and stands up. He directs us to the chemo room, and we walk in. "Are any of y'all friends with my sister, Stella?" Tony asks, and about 6 people raise their hands. "Where is she anyways? She was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago." A woman with a red head scarf asked. Tony and I look down, and all we hear next is *CRASH*. We looked up and all of the nurses' trays are on the floor. "I'm Stella's boyfriend, Xander. We were actually on the way over here, and she collapsed in the front yard. She is currently getting a CT and lab work done." I say, and everyone looks a little broken. The little boy, maybe 14, looks at me. He then says, "Stella makes us all food and stuff. She's a really good cook, and baker. Don't tell my mom I said that." I crack a little smile. Tony responds back, "Yeah, she's the best. We'll update you as much as possible. I got to get back to my mom." They all nod rapidly saying 'please.'

Tony and I walk back to the waiting room, and Dr. Owens is talking with Ms. Knight. He smiles at us, and leaves. We turn to Ms. Knight, and both Tony and I say, "Well? What did Dr. Owens say?"