rockabye •twenty-six

...

Everyone sat at the table as the food was being brought out. The servants placed plates already filled with food in front of everyone.

"No fish, please." Many voices say in sync. Everyone watches as the plates of the Serena's family were being replaced with ones without seafood.

"Honestly, everyone knows we don't eat fish." Ariel mutters in annoyance because who in their right minds would give a family who are part-seafolk, FISH?! Athena nods in agreement to her grandmother and turns to her new friend.

"Fish are friends, Rollie, not food." She says to Prince Roland who nods and pushes away his plate.

"No fish for me either." Roland announced. Cinderella, who sat beside the little prince, switches his plate with hers and smiles.

"Looks like little Athena is becoming quite persuasive." Cinderella mentions to the others, winking at Serena. Serena looks at her daughter and smiles when Athena looks back at her.

"Who knows, we may be looking right at a future royal match." Snow White teases. Ariel lets out a sound of approval, which did not match the sounds of disapproval from Eric and Ben.

"Athena is too young to be involved in relationships." Ben voices his opinion. Eric was first to speak out before his wife could say something rude.

"I agree with you, Ben. Athena is too young to be mixed up in your plans of arranging marriage, ladies. Which I might add, always turn out horrible." Eric tells Ariel and Snow White. The two women meet eyes and smirk. Aurora clears her throat and crosses her arms. Eric looks at Aurora and immediately remembers. Phillip hide his smirk as he watched how his friend was about to be scolded by his wife. "E-expect your marriage, Aurora."

Aurora still stared down at Eric before saying, "Well, we can't all travel from kingdom to kingdom to find a spouse. Some of us had to sit and wait for something to happen."

"The ball." Cinderella adds, proving Aurora right.

"My step-mother's huntsman." Says Snow White.

"The shipwreck." Ariel piped in. Eric looks at his wife in betray but she only shrugs.

"Taking Belle's father prisoner." Adam adds. Adam looks to Belle who was giving him the look saying 'Did you really have to bring it up?'. "In my defense, Maurice was trespassing into my home."

"I pricked my finger on a spinning wheel," Aurora says. "Phillip saved my life, waking me and the entire kingdom. Even if I hadn't been told that he was my fiance from the start, I would have only married him and no one else." Phillip lifts Aurora's hand to bring it to his lips, giving a gentle kiss.

"Well, Ariel saved my life too. On that day, I knew I wanted to marry her." Eric places his hand onto Ariel's and smiles lovingly at her. "All I'm saying is marriage is about love. You were lucky to fall in love with your betrothed, not many people have that luxury. I just want the same for my granddaughter."

"Eric, please. You are overthinking everything over some harmless teasing. In any case, it wouldn't be such a terrible idea for Athena and Roland. This way, they can grow up together." Cinderella says.

"I can just picture the wedding now." Snow White continues. "Outside, perhaps. Next to the ocean."

"Large arc over them with flowers." Evie piped in joining in on the fun teasing. Snow White looks at the young girl for a moment. Evie feared that she would be treated the way Ariel was treating Mal, but then a large smiles lands on Snow White's face.

"That is a wonderful idea. All kinds of flowers. Gardenias, peonies..."

"Roses?" Two voices say at the same time. Belle and Ariel look to one another for a moment before looking away. Everyone else watched the interaction.  Nowadays, it's a rare moment to see the two queen agree with one another.

"Mama, do I have to get married?" Athena break the silence with her question. Everyone was talking about her as if she wasn't there and discussing her future, she was curious to know if she had any say in it. Her mother smiles at her and strokes her hair gently, shaking her head softly.

"Only if you want to. I'm sure everyone would love to see you getting married one day, but it's entirely up to you." Serena replies. Athena nods and looks at everyone else.

"I'll marry Rollie. He told me his mommy has flying horses that take him to school and I want one." Athena blurts out and leans in to hug Roland. Roland blushes and shakes his head.

"I don't want to get married now!" Roland exclaims. Everyone at the table laughs, well... all but one person. Roland tried to push away Athena. Athena does let go and cross her arms.

"You have to marry me, I want to see a flying horse." Athena scrunched her eyes, upset that Roland was rejecting her. Everyone watched the interact and found it adorable to have two children bickering. Roland looks nervously at everyone and back to his new friend who was still frowning at him.

"Well... maybe we can get married..." Roland muttered. Athena finally lights up with happiness.

"Yay! I can show you my seashell collection that my mommy and I have. When we get married, they will be yours too. And we can go swimming with the dolphins and turtles." Athena announced. Roland's face lit up with excitement and nods.

"Okay!"

"Looks like it's settled, a wedding is on." Jay says, everyone but one joining in on the laugh.

"Don't you think she's a little to young to be thinking of getting married?" Mal's head snaps in the direction of her boyfriend. Ben looks at Serena with a questioning look as he asked.

"Excuse me?" Serena says to Ben.

HELLO EVERYONE. HOW ARE YOUR SUMMER VACATIONS GOING?