rockabye •five

Serena, with Athena in her arms, followed her parents through the grass as families plays croquet. People stopped their game to stare at the family. Whispers travels around, talking about Serena. Athena occasionally spoke about what she saw today or how she wants a puppy of her own.

"Serena?" She looks around to find the one person she didn't expect to actually greet her. Serena stood there frozen as two women approach her.

"Audrey, hi. Queen Leah, you look beautiful." Serena says politely. The old woman smiles at the young girl before her eyes trail to Athena.

"We didn't know you'd be here." Audrey says.

"We were invited, but we'll be leaving soon." Serena informs them.

"It's wonderful to see you, my dear." Queen Leah says with a sincere smile. "And who is this beautiful princess?" She asks, though, already knowing the answer.

"I'm Athena and I'm three years old." Athena cuts in, holding three fingers in the air. Queen Leah looks in aww at the beautiful little girl. Though she looks so much like the future king, she had a hint of her mother in her eyes. Beautiful blue eyes like her mother and grandmother.

"She looks just like--" Audrey blurts out.

"I know." Serena cuts Audrey off of her statement. Athena only looked at the stares the two teenagers were giving each other but didn't think much of it.

"That must mean your parents are here too?" Queen Leah asks. Serena looks away from Audrey to look at Audrey's grandmother.

"Yes."

"Well then, I will go find them. I haven't seen them in such a long time." Queen Leah says and walks away to find Serena's parents, leaving her granddaughter and the teen mother to themselves. There was a very awkward silence except for Athena's humming.

"How are you?" Audrey asks. Serena looks at her in curiosity. They had never gotten along well, but now Audrey was being polite to her. No snarky remarks or comments. Audrey had immediately shut up about Ben and wasn't teasing her about having Athena. It was strange.

"I-I'm fine. You?" Serena asks back.

"Great." Audrey answers. The awkward silence started up again before Audrey looks at Athena and smiles. "She's beautiful."

Serena smiles and squeezes her daughters arm lightly to get her attention.

"Say 'thank you', Athena." Athena looked up at Audrey before leaning her head into the crook of Serena's neck to hide away.

"Thank you..." Athena trails away in shyness.

"There you are." A voice calls. Athena immediately reacted and looks around.

"Uncle Chad!" Athena calls after. Chad approached them and takes Athena in his arms. Athena wrapped her rooms around Chad's neck and held on tight.

"I hope you weren't going to leave without saying bye first."

"Of course not!" Athena says. Serena smiles.

"So, what have a missed since I've been gone?"Audrey was ready to tell her everything when her face turned into a hard glare and looks at Serena's direction, but not at Serena. She turns around to see what Audrey was glaring at but froze up. A young girl with strange purple hair in the arms of Ben. He showed her how to play the game.

"W-who is she?" Serena stutters. It did hurt a bit the way Ben held the girl, just like how he use to hold her.

"Daughter of Maleficent." Audrey hisses. Serena had looked away from the girl and looks at Audrey and Chad in surprise.

"Maleficent? What is she doing here?" Serena questions. Audrey looks away, but Chad was the one to answer.

"Ben thought it was a good idea to invite four of them here. Can you believe that?" Chad scoffed.

"There's four?"

"Yeah. Sons of Jafar and Cruella De Vil and daughter of the Evil Queen." Chad says. Serena lets out a sigh of relief, glad that the son or daughter of the Sea Witch was not there.

They would have continued talking when,

"YOU!" The voice of Queen Leah boomed.