rockabye •prologue

THAT IS MELODY'S CASTLE AND SHE IS MARRIED TO A WOMAN. IF YOU HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS, I SUGGEST YOU STOP READING. IT'S SHORT, SORRY 'BOUT THAT.

___________Three Years Ago__________

"She looks like Ben, but with my eyes." 13 year old Serena murmured. She cradled her newborn in her arms. Next to her was her older sister, Melody. Melody brushed her sister's hair out of her face carefully.

"What will you do now?" Melody asked. Serena finally looked up from her baby to look at her sister.

"I don't know, but I can't go back to Auradon...I just can't." Serena's voice cracked as a tear raced down her face.

"If that's what you want, then you can stay with me and Louise. I'm sure Mom and Dad won't mind it. You can continue school here and I'll have nurses watching over this one." Melody stroke her niece's cheek.

"Thank you, Mel, for taking me in. I don't know what I would have done without you." Serena sobbed a bit. Melody scoots closer and wraps her arms around her.

"Anytime, little sister. Don't you worry about a thing, I will always take care of you." Melody plants a kiss on Serena's head for comfort.

___________A Year Later___________

"~Happy Birthday to Athena, Happy Birthday to you~" Everyone sang to the baby girl in her highchair. Serena sat next to her with a smile on her face. Queen Ariel and King Eric aka. Serena's parents, walk over to her with presents.

"Look how big she's gotten." Ariel squeals in delight as she picks up Athena, the baby named after Ariel's own mother.

"How are you, Serena?" Eric asks his daughter, sitting next to her. Serena smiled at him.

"Alright, we both are. Melody and Louise are taking great care of us."

"Your mother and I miss you. Remember, you can always come back. It would be nice to have both my girls and my only granddaughter for a visit."

"I'll think about it." Serena says. A maid walked over with a present.

"Princess, this just arrived."

"Who is it from?" Eric asks.

"The King and Queen of Auradon, Your Majesty."

"Take it away!" Ariel says loudly. "we don't want anything from them. Send it back."

The maid curtsy and walk off. Ariel sat down with Athena on her lap. She glared at nothing, but thinking back at the times when they were all such good friends, but times change.