rockabye •two

Serena played with the ends of her hair with nervousness. She sit in the limousine with Athena in the car seat. Melody sat across them with papers in hand and Louise reading her book. Athena wiggled her toes through her open toed shoes out of boredom.

"Mama, can I braid your hair? I'm bored." Athena whines. Serena, unable to say no, pushed her hair to the side for Athena to reach.

"I'm going to make you into a princess, mama. I'll make you beautiful!" Athena says excitingly, starts twisting the red hair.

"She's already a princess and beautiful, sweetie." Melody comments to the remake. Athena smiles brightly.

"I know, aunt Melody, but she will look even more beautifuller." Athena explains.

"Well, you'll certainly make her more beautiful than she already is." Louise tells Athena, encouraging her to do what she wants. Athena did what she wanted and twist and braided her mother's hair. The occasionally hair pulling later and Athena was finished.

The braid wasn't ideal, but no one had the heart to tell the little girl. They only encouraging her. Athena then yawns and rubs her eyes tiringly.

"Mama, where we going?" Athena asks looking to Serena.

"We are going to visit some old friends and see grandma and grandpa." Serena explained softly to her daughter.

"Grandpa and grandma!" Athena says with excitement. She giggles before laying her head on Serena's lap. "Sing to me, mama, pretty please." Athena begged. Serena strokes Athena's hair softly. She starts to sing softly.

~If you see the wonder of a fairy tale

You can take the future even if you fail

I believe in angels

Something good in everything I see

I believe in angels

When I know the time is right for me

I'll cross the stream, I have a dream~

Being half-mermaid and the daughter and niece of talented singers, Serena excelled at singing. Of course her voice managed to put Athena to sleep. Serena kissed her forehead gently and placed a blanket over her.

Athena spent her time sleeping the whole way over to Auradon. Serena was too nervous to even shut her eyes for a few minutes. She chews on her nails and Melody noticed.

"Everything is going to be fine." Melody reassures to Serena. Serena stopped chewing her nails and looked down at her hands.

"Maybe this was a bad idea. Is it too late to turn back to the castle?" Serena asks.

"Yes." says Melody and Louise in unison. Serena rolls her eyes at them and looks back out the window. Melody sighed and leaned forward to place her hand on top if Serena's in comfort.

"I get that you're nervous, but I promise that if things go south, we will leave immediately."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For going with me. I know you didn't want to." Serena says quietly. Melody's face soften and she smiles.

"Anything for my baby sister." Melody teased. Serena looks up and gives a joking glare.

"I'm not a baby... anymore." Serena says under her breath. She felt Athena shift in her sleep but didn't wake up.