15

That night Shiver heart couldn't sleep, worrying about wether or not she had made right choice letting Bird Man into their group (she renamed him because her anti man amnesia meant her brain refused to accept men's given names because she's a woke feminist girlbossgatekeepification antichrist). She was 12 years old, she should be able to navigate a simple country like the artic by now, so why was she struggling? Not only that but she had no idea what her next steps were. She had gotten the sword and found Blue but Ocean told her nothing after that.        

She then remembered she was no longer in her old world and that Hawk had brought them to a new one. 

In all honesty, Shiver felt that she was going in the wrong direction. Her new powers were fascinating and she didnt want to go back. Perhaps she was being selfish and maybe that was ok. What was the worst that could happen really? She had been insignificant most her life, and considering Bird man pre knowledge of other worlds, her abilities probably weren't new. Ocean Shadow probably wont come back, how would she find them now? She was the only person besides the elders back home that she could disappoint, and they weren't going find, let alone look, for her. Shiver was free now. She could make friends and explore places. It's not like the fate of the world, or worlds, rested on her shoulders.     

As soon as Shiver finally felt herself slowly drifting, Bird shrieked. 

"Fuck" exclaimed Hawk from the next room. Shiver did not know what that meant so went to investigate.  

Silver was dead.

Crimson rivers flowed out of freshly slit wound. In it rested Silvers own dagger that she had brought with her. However the scarring  on her neck signified that it was not the dagger that had done all the work. Someone had strangled her, and made it look like she didnt, for some reason, even though they didn't even leave the scene.

"My name is Crystal Abercrombie and i have killed your friend!" Announced a girl with long flowing blond hair and vibrant purple eyes. 

"Why is she on all fours?"    Bird asked, yet again being an emotionless freak. 

Crystal lunged at Shiver trying to grab her neck but Hawk caught her just in time and shards of ice emerged from the ground holding her in place. To both their horrors she starting growling and barking, twisting her arms towards them as they stood stunned.

"I think she's a werewolf. Look at the neck hair..." Hawk examined, cautiously stepping forward.

Shiver didnt care, running round and kneeling besides her friend. Her head rung as she stared down at the pale face of her once alive friend. Shiver's throat felt dry and her surroundings became blurred. She closed her eyes.

Hawk felt that for once he should do something again maybe. He held Shiver and guided her to the next room, bringing his index to his lips, shushing at Crystal as they left.

"Chin up, now you can finally reclaim Soul as your second name, y'know, now that Silver 'Soul' isn't using it anymore," Hawk reasoned as he pat Shiver. She looked up and smiled.

"Litcherally, it was meant to be mine anyway!" Shiver smirked.      

Their incoming hug was interrupted by yet another shriek.

Shiver ran out.

"Blue!?"