Chapter 7

Blue prowls around the entrance not taking her eyes of us. "Shiver what to do we do" Silver whispered shaking my arm frantically.
"She can talk, a speaking snow leopard!" My eyes were wide in wonder.
"That's really not our biggest problem at the moment!" She hissed.
"Maybe if we were to talk to her she'd let us past"I said as I strolled forwards towards the entrance. I heard Silver scowl behind me that I was out of my mind. She was completely right but I only had my life to lose.
I stopped five feet away from the entrance of the cave and three feet away from Blue. She was assessing every move and breath I took and kept her deadly look. If the beasts were scariest face ordered then I dread to see the next two. I took a deep breath and started speaking.
"Um... Hi,Blue I love the colour of your fur,"
Growl
"No please don't attack me I was complimenting you!"
Louder growl
"Um might as well get to the point! I... Was wondering if... You could let me...in."
That triggered the leopards body to attack.
I waved my hands in front of me putting in all my emotions which caused a gust of icy wind tumble Blue like a rag doll back into the cave. Before she met the ground she positioned her body to help her land on her feet (a cat alway lands on its feet) then steadied her self and glared at me, her body tense. My hands were still in front of me ready to attack again not showing any fear. 'Fear is weakness'
She loosens her tense position. "That was good"she spoke with a smiled voice then wondered calmly around until she finally found a comfortable position to sit tucking her tail neatly around her.
"Well go on in" the leopard invited me in.
"What! This has to be a trick or something, as soon as I go in the second beast will jump at me then the third, I mean I am meant to battle three beasts." I explained
"Nope, but I can show you the other two beasts only if you tell me your name. Oh!
I also like your snow white hair to. It's really long and nice and silky"she purred
What? My hair. Oh, my conversations before. I laughed out loud. Blue was nice and humorous.
"Thank you, I'm Shiver" I finally answered after my confusion and laughter had worn of.
"Well Shiver," she started then I blinked. In the leopards place stood a arctic wolf.
"This is my wolf form" she explained. Another blink.
"And this is my owl form" the wolf turned into a neat feathered owl
"Wow" my face showed full shock.
"I'm a shape shifter" she hooted proudly.
"Are those all your forms or do you have more?" I asked wondrous.
"Well my shape shifting ability improves as I learn but there is one more form"
In a millisecond a girl with hazel long hair who was my age was sitting down on a rock where the owl had been perched on. It was hard to think all of Blue forms as one... thing.
    Silver came rushing in worried then calmed down seeing I wasn't nearly dead on the floor like she expected. She then looked at Blue who was happily relaxed on her rock.
"Who the hell she" Silver was highly confused and I was about to confuse her further.
"She the snow leopard"her face looked annoyed (again) as she shifted her weight onto one leg.
"Your messing with me aren't you."
Blue quickly shape shifted through her forms to prove the point. Silver face clearly expressed her astonishment. It was very amusing.
"So are you going to get what you came for" Blue reminded us after I had finished explaining what had happened to Silver and introduced her to Blue
"Oh yeah" I chirped with a sheepish expression on my face. We walked deeper into the cave. It's drip drop sound echoed of the walls. It was dingy and chilly however I didn't care about the cold, Silver did though and Blue just acted as if all of this was absolutely everyday life. Perhaps it was for her, I wonder how long she had been guarding the cave for?
    We finally reached a round lake.
"This is it, this is the lake." I spoke, my words hummed of the walls of the cave.   
"Yes" Blue answered back
"So what do I do?" I stepped closer to the lake
"Well you go in and take out the sword" Blue smiled. I was about to argue 'did I have to get my self wet' but I didn't, this was important, my life was about to change.