Chapter 24

Hayley

"Saw you holding hands with the albino. Is that my replacement then?" I froze at his words. What the fuck did he want.

"I've called you and you haven't responded not once. You see me with one of my friends and suddenly I'm graced with your presence?"

Sarcasm.

I try to keep my tone light. I don't want him to see how broken I've become because of him. Sarcasm is my only friend right now.

"Hayley look-"

"If your about to start on one of those cliché, 'It's not what it looks like' speeches save it." I spat as I turned around sharply slamming my locker door closed.

Bad move.

"No babe I cheated on you. The day I asked you to be my girlfriend I cheated on you. I let you walk around this school looking like an idiot on purpose. Everyone knew expect for you and that gang. It was entertaining," he laughed. "Making you look stupid."

I wish I could lie and say His words didn't hurt. That I no longer cared, but that was just a wish. One that wasn't true today and wouldn't be for a long time. His words weren't just a punch to the gut. They were the equivalent of being hit by a 16-wheeler. My anger quickly dissipated into unbelievable pain.

"Oh."

"Anyways I didn't come here to hurt your feelings, that bores me now. I wanted to ask you-"

"Hayley!" I looked up and so did Gavin. Warmth spread through my chest at the sight of him.

Your walking sunshine... Your absolutely stunning to me.

His words rang in my ears as I watched him come to a halt a couple feet away. His hair looked unkept, his eyes less red, and his face flushed. He looked beautiful. He watched me and then looked towards Gavin. If he was afraid he didn't show it as he slowly walked up to us, and intertwined our fingers.

"You said you'd wait outside the bathroom. I was worried you'd change your mind about tonight..." He blushed until his neck and face were red.

I've never had a boy worry so much over me. I loved it!

"No we are still on for tonight. I... I umm... got sidetracked." I said looking Gavin in the eye, quickly looking away as I saw hatred and curiosity swirl within them. "We should go."

"No introductions I assume." Gavin stated a laugh caught in his throat as he tried to sound friendly.

"No." I stated firmly before walking away.

Or at least as I tried.

Gavin grabbed Carri by the shoulder, "Be careful with this one. She's a screamer." He released him and started laughing at the blush creeping up Carrington's neck at his words. I started walking again, faster then before, to escape the embarrassment.

"I'm a virgin." I swung around to stare at Carri with wide eyes. "I just... I just wanted you to know. I'm assuming or maybe I shouldn't assume. But Gavin just implied and maybe he's lying. If you aren't that's cool... You are though right? I mean I like you either way of course. It's just I'm not. I don't know if that's going to be a problem. If it is we can you know..."

"Carri..."

"I mean I'm not a virgin for any particular reason. Girls have always liked me and it could've happened I guess, but I just... I've always liked you and didn't think it'd be fair to date without having feelings-"

His words made me dizzy. I threw my arms around him and claimed his lips. He responded instantly his hands finding my waist and he pushed me up against the nearest locker. The kiss wasn't long, but it was hard and passionate. I pulled back, "I like you too." I whispered. "Your getting better at that."