Chapter 11

Hayley

My hands trembled as I slid down up against the car. Sobbing quietly to myself, how could I let this happen again? Why didn't I just stick up for myself

Not again.

My phone was close to dead. What the hell do I do? If I texted Jewel she'll have to leave class... The twins would never make it in time, they were camping out in the forest because of some fight. There was only one person I knew I could count on.

Spark.

I quickly sent her a message and put my phone in my pocket. Steadying my breathing I looked up at the sky. It was going to rain and I needed to be home, far far away from this place. I began sprinting like my life depended on it. Running until my legs ached and my breathing sounded funny. But that just encouraged me to push harder. I tripped a little and fell, but got right back up and kept going. Finally seeing the house in view I slowed down a tad.

Finally, I was almost there.

Marching into the house, I ran to my room and threw down my stuff. I needed to keep calm until Spark came and saved me. I rushed into the bathroom and got into the shower. Turning it on until it was freezing cold and lowered myself into the tub. I was rocking myself back and forth wringing my hands together. Shutting my eyes tightly. Don't do it Hayley, don't reach for the blade. Wait for Spark.

Spark will save me.

She always saves me.

Spark

I threw my head back in laughter, what the hell? Did this guy even think before he spoke. Shaking my head I looked at Victor. He was now next to me in the booth, cracking jokes and making up stories about the random people that came into McDonalds.

"Oh I have a good one for that guy," he said pointing to a really fat man in a really tight pair of pants. "He's an undercover stripper. He's here to reel in the big money by you know showing off." He said using his fingers to make quotes around showing off, as he nodded towards the mans giant gut and pants that hid his privates. I laughed again slapping his arm before grabbing for my vibrated phone.

My laughter quickly came to a hault as I read the message then reread the message.

Hayley: I need you please hurry up home... It's happened again.

What's happening ag-

Oh no.

I quickly jolted up grabbing Victors arm and hauling him up too.

"We have to go." I said sternly.

"What's going on?" He asked his tone reflecting my serious demeanor.

"It's Hayley something's happened to her, we need to get to the house now." I said as I hurriedly made my way to the exit of the cheap fast food place. I started sprinting and Victor was right on my tail. Running without having to really pay attention. I've lived here long enough to know all the short cuts to my house. We made it in under ten minutes. I quickly threw the front door open, my chest heaving with my uneven breathes. I grabbed the railing as I forced my tired legs to keep going. I checked the entire second floor, while Victor checked the first floor.

She wasn't there.

We hurried to her room on the third floor. She had to be there. Please let her be there... Alive.

I pushed the door open and stopped. The first thing that caught my attention was the blood, then her stuff all over the place, and finally the sound of a running shower.

"Hey Spark you... Are you okay?" Victor paused behind me, seeing everything I saw when I first pushed the door opened. With a slightly shaky hand I made my way to the bathroom door. Squeezing the handle as if it were my life line, I twisted it and pushed the door open. Peeking my head I saw a shivering Hayley who was now blue in the face. Her knee was bleeding drastically and I could hear her soft sobbing.

I quickly turned the shower off. And grabbed her face in my hands.

"Hayley?"

"C-c-cc-cold." She stuttered out quietly. I nodded.

"Victor get me..." I turned around seeing he was already there with about three towels in his hands. "Thanks." I grabbed Hayley out the shower and he wrapped her in the towels. Quickly and fluidly I helped Hayley to her feet and brought her to her bed. She was shivering and her teeth were chattering but she was okay and that's all that mattered. Then I remembered why she was close to hurting herself in the first place.

Anger.

That's all I felt in that moment as I searched for her cell phone, quickly finding it and scrolling through her text messages. I read the text message that had pushed her over the edge and gripped the phone in my hand so hard I swear I could break it. Then I saw it. A fucking sex video! Gavin and Sahara were about to die.

I texted the twins, Sarah, and the rest of the gang letting them know shit was going down tonight.

Sahara's ass was mine.

***

We were sitting in the middle of the room. The walls and ceiling looked like they were on the verge of caving in, but then again it always looks like this. We were in the place where the gang originated, the burning building.

We had all our meetings here. This is where the rivalry started.

"So what the fuck is going on?" Sarah asked. She wasn't in school today and was oblivious to why we were all angry at the moment. I grabbed Hayley's phone and gave it to her, letting her read for herself.

3...2...1...

"What the fuck is this shit!" Sarah said practically seething.

"The reason we are about to start possibly one of the biggest gang fights that California has ever done seen." I said smirking. I was ready to do some damage, they fucked with me on the wrong day. I was already pissed from my earlier encounter with Sahara. Kayla grabbed the ski masks, we all went over the plan with Sarah getting her approval, and then headed out.

No turning back now.

Victor

"V-victor?"

"Yeah Hayls." I whispered.

"Have you ever been in love." She asked. I closed my eyes. Have I ever been in love? Once upon a time that's what I would've called it, being in love. But now I'm numb to it, the pain that comes with thinking your in love with someone so much just to see all of that crushed. Love? Yeah fuck that stuff it doesn't exist. Not anymore.

"I guess you could call it that." I said in a strained voice.

"Does it ever stop? The pain..." She whispered. Looking me dead in the eyes as I sat across from her on the floor, her eyes were so distant as if she was reliving the pain all over again.

"No, but you begin to feel numb to it after a while. It will always hurt, the pain will always be there."

She shook her head, her eyes began to tear up as she closed them. Trying to even out her breathes so she wouldn't hyperventilate, until she fell asleep.

Spark

Fire.

It was a beautiful thing, big and bold with all those different colors. And I got to watch Sahara, Gavin and the rest of that worthless gang sit there battered as there gang's warehouse burned down. The smallest of smiles on my face as I watched them shout at us for starting something we wouldn't be around long enough to finish. Yeah right.

45 minutes before...