Chapter 5

Victor

I woke up and I went straight to my room and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

Who was I really?

Who would I be when I went to this school? Was I gonna be the same old Victor?

A slow smile formed on my face. No, I wasn't the same Victor I'm a better Victor with the same bad attitude I had before.

I don't give a brown assed rat about what happens. I'm going to live this life not just for me but for my mom too.

I decided I needed to keep up with this attitude and work out a little. Sarah's party was later today and it would be the first time I'd see the people I'd be spending the next couple of months with.

And I'd have the reputation of being with some of the baddest chicks I've ever met.

This is gonna be so much fucking fun!

I ran up the stairs with my red gym shorts on and a pair of running shoes. My shirt, towel , and water bottle in my hand. There was an ache on my back and upper arm and I looked over and saw the tattoos that took so long to get.

But boy was it worth it.

The tattoo on my arm was a letter to my mother. It explained everything I never told her. How much her not being here to beat the shit out of me for being the only thing that was ever "wrong" in her life was effecting me. How I missed her, but not as much as people would think. That her not wanting to see me as she died was painful and hurtful. Also, how much I hated her and because of her there was an emptiness in me, but without her I wouldn't have the death drive of a person who knew they were dying and did everything on there bucket list, because of her I was i was filled with adrenaline and craved more. How her negligence made me this person.

The letter was written in cursive along my larger upper arm. And the way the guy did the tattoo made it look old, but you could still see the anger in the way it was written. And just to add effect he tatted a lighter burning the edge of the letter. The tattoo was completely edgy.

It was probably as personal as anything I'd ever do. Funny thing is it was Spark's idea.

She even helped me write some of it, then she left.

I saw her leave the mall with that infamous scowl on those pretty red lips of hers. She had two bags in her hand and the phone to her ear.

From the looks of it she did not want to be talking to whoever said person on the phone was.

The tattoos on my back were more of a last minute thought.

Something I saw once in a movie I think.

On my back close to my shoulder was a tat of a gun shot. Two barrel shot gun to be exact. And man did it look real,, it even looked like you could see damaged muscle around where the bullet would have entered my back. And near my waist area on my back was another one.

No they weren't there to cover things like burn marks or bruises, but they felt important as if they were covering up my past.

They weren't though.

When I finally got upstairs I could feel the bass drum of some song shaking the ground. I looked down at my watch to see it was nearly five in the morning.

Who else was up?

I hurried up and slowly opened the double doors to the gym which was on the top floor even though I lived in the attic there was an entire floor above mine.

This house was crazy big!

I quickly hid behind a potted plant and peaked around the long leaves to see none other than Spark..