Chapter 16

Lincoln

"What if I'm pregnant?" She said lying on her stomach staring at me with sad eyes. It felt so good to be so close to her, yet I still felt so far away. I never knew what was going on in that head of hers' and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Then her question was registered in my brain. What if she was pregnant? I knew the answer without needing to think twice about it.

"I'd help you in every way, shape, and form if you let me." I smiled, turning to look at the ceiling. I could imagine it Ellie and a little baby that looked just like her, and even if the kid's not mine I would love him or her just like I do El. "I mean there's enough room here for you and a kid. I have a job to an-" I was cut off by Ellie turning my head and molding her mouth to mine. I immediately responded grabbing her head and pulling her closer.

She pulled away first her uneven breathes fanned my face as she stared up at me. I love you was right there on the edge of my tongue, but I didn't say it. I didn't want to scare her. I've spent so much time making myself hate her. When in reality I was just trying to push her away so I couldn't love her.

Because I was scared too.

"Hey?" She whispered tugging my hair to grab my attention. I looked down at her, my forehead resting on hers, she smiled. "It's going to be okay. I'm sorry I've pushed my way into your life, it was never my intentions, you don't have to take care of my responsibilities." She sighed getting up and stretching, finding her pants she pulled them on and buttoned them up.

"El?" I was shaking with anger. Did she not get it? Did she not understand that I've finally gotten her and I'm not letting her go. Ever. She turned around only slightly looking at me over her shoulder. "Yes?"

I stood up and rounded the bed and pulled her to me, trying to calm myself down. Right now I felt like hitting something. "Please stop." I whispered. My voice barely audible.

She pulled back from my embrace and looked up at me, "Stop what?"

"Pushing me away"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayley

I was beyond pissed right now. It was Saturday morning and I was stuck at school with my dad and the principle. I was here because my grades were "slipping" and my teachers became concerned especially after what had happened earlier in the week.

"Do you understand Hayley?" My principle asked me. I stared at him blankly. The hell were they talking about?

"Huh?"

"You will be meeting a student by the name of Carri Welsh at the library at twelve so you can be tutored. " he restated looking a little worried.

Why shouldn't he, everyone knows I tried to kill myself. He's just hoping to not provoke me into a depressed episode. I looked over a Terry who just smiled at me and nodded. I loved Terry he understood me a whole lot and supported me through everything I chose to do, except drugs. That stuff will fuck up your life.

I nodded slowly to the principle. He smiled and handed me a folder. "You have an hour to get ready. Don't worry Carri is one of our brightest students, your in good hands."

An hour later I was fixing my makeup in the side mirror on my car. My hair was in a messy bun. I wore a tight grey tank top that was a little too short and capris. My grey toms completed the look. I sighed throwing my sunglasses into my bag and getting out the car. I really didn't want to be stuck in a library with some nerd.

Carri Welsh? It was probably an ugly girl with crazy red hair, braces, and acne.

Cue the shutters of disgust.

I walked into the library, which was pretty empty and headed toward the tables which where all on the second floor. At the top of the stairs I saw what I assumed was Carri. An ugly little redhead like I suspected.

Ugh.

I was about to move when I was tapped on the shoulder. I turned to see a really cute guy.

Like really cute.

He had slightly pale-ish skin and his hair was white, and his eyes were such a clear grey they were almost transparent. He wore fitted black jeans and a long sleeve grey v-neck. His bright red converses just made the laid back look.

Wow.

I wonder why his hair was white? Is that normal?

"Yes it is actually. My gram has naturally white hair as well." he said a soft smile on his face.

Was that an accent? Totally yummy.

"Thank you. My mom's Scottish." He chuckled signaling for me to follow him. What about Carri? I needed to be tutored, but he was really cute. I guess Carri could wait. And then I realized something.

I had said all that shit earlier out loud, I mentally face palmed myself. The mystery guy lead me to a table where he sat down and then motioned for me to do the same.

"It's nice to finally speak to you Hayley." He said his voice was soft and light like a feather.

Very different from Gavin's constant hollering.

Wait?

"How do you know me?" I questioned.

His eyes widened before a deep blush spread across his face. He then cleared his throat,"I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Carrington most people call me Carri though. You can call me either. Whichever. Bo-"

I busted out laughing. "You are so cute." I got out between fits of laugher, he blushed again. So this was "Carri", he was really yummy. I reached my hand across the table, "Nice to meet you Carrington. You still haven't answered my question though. How do you know me?"

He shook my hand and blushed again. "We have every single class except English together." He whispered looking at our hands and then blushing more.

Now I felt bad.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." I shook my head I was so stuck up. How had I never noticed this guy in any of my classes. "I'm so ignorant my God." I whispered in disbelief.

"No no it's okay. We've never talked before, I've just... Noticed you in class." He said shrugging and smiling at me.

"You've noticed me?" A little blush rising to my cheeks this time.

God save me.

"Yeah you're really pretty and popular and what not. Besides I love the band shirts you sometimes wear like last week when you wore the Led Zeppelin shirt..." He trailed off. I on the other hand was very flattered and actually stunned. "I'm not a stalker!" He immediately added.

"No it's okay. I think it's cute. Almost cute enough to make me want to see you outside of studying." Was I flirting? I mean I was nursing a broken heart, and Carrington seemed like a nice enough person to distract myself with.

Friends that is all I wanted from him.

That's all just friends.

"Almost? Well looks like I'll have to find a way to change that to a definite." He said smirking at me, reminding me of a bad boy.

Swoon.

Just friends Hayls.

Just friends.