Chapter 25

Stretching my body out like a cat would after a long nap. I listened as my bones cracked with pleasure as I rolled over onto Gavin. Tracing his tattoos with my pointer finger I watched him, watch me.

An emotion I falsely assumed was love danced in his pale eyes as he watched me, watch him.

Times like these I really though he loved me. When he looked at me like this, with a small smile dancing across his features. It was there and gone like it never existed.

I lived for moments like this.

At least I use to.

Thinking back on it the emotion was probably arrogance. Here he was fucking me, when he probably fucked ten other girls in the same day and the day before that.

The emotion was probably amusement. Here I was looking at him with all the love and affection of a girl madly in love, and all along he was playing me like some kids game.

The fleeting smile was probably him trying not to laugh at me. Little Hayley Daniels in love and thinking she was loved back.

I could feel my face turn hot as I remembered what I said to him next. Leaning down and kissing my favorite tattoo, a small 'H' looking figure behind his ear, and whispering gently words I often said to Gavin.

When I believed he was all I needed.

The calm that stood by me during the storm that was my life.

My guardian angel.

"Your the one whose going to save me."

-------------------------------------------------------

Hayley

Creek. Creek. Creek.

My eyes were bloodshot. I had been crying for hours. Shaking my leg up and down, needing something to do. Something to feel.

I wrung my hands together, twisting and turning the skin of my fingers still caked with dried blood. Her blood.

Someone call 911!

I could hear myself yell around a choked sob in my head as I ran toward my sister's body on the ground. Could feel the cement scratch and press into my bare knees. Slicing them open with the pressure, as I threw myself onto the ground.

Help please help her.

Squealing tires, burning rubber as they made there quick escape. I could feel my hatred for them growing in my chest. Blossoming into something I didn't think I'd ever experience in my sixteen years. Loathing.

Not her too, please God not her too.

I looked up at Victor. His face wet and red, his eyes such an intense hue of blue. He looked so lost as he pleaded with God to save my sister. I quickly looked away, too much. Even in recollection the memory is to much. I look up from my seat in the waiting room, my eyes catching Victors. He looked beaten down.

"She'll be okay, she's a fighter. She'll pull through." I whispered hoping I sounded as confident as I needed to be. I needed Spark to pull through.

Victor didn't respond. I kept silent after that.

"Friends and Family of Sparklina Daniels?" I shot up nearly knocking into Victor as I made my way to the doctor. It was just me and him, we hadn't called anyone else.

"How is she?" Victor asked.

"She lost a lot of blood, but other than that she should be fine. Her attacker missed her kidney just barely lucky for her. She'll just need to take antibiotics to make sure there's no infection, and she has stitches. Please remind her keep her movements to a minimum. It's no walk in the park to redo them I assure you." He handed me a clipboard. "I'm assuming you can sign her out. She's right through there when your ready." I nodded. Slipping a couple bills between the clipboard and papers, I signed and handed it back to the doctor. Watching him walk away as he pocketed the money.

"What was that?" Victor gawked in disbelief.

"You think we can just walk into a hospital as often as we need fixing and no one will notice. The hospital gets a little more each visit, and in return they stay quiet about us." I stated walking into the room.

Victor hot on my heels.

We rushed into the room, rounding the curtain ready to approach Spark, who was listening to music with her head resting back. Victor pushed past me as he paced towards her. In three big strides he had her face between his hands, foreheads touching. Headphones gone. "I thought I'd lost you," he whispered.

"Would it lighten the mood if I said 'For a moment there you almost did'" she smiled. I laughed. Nice a movie reference. "I'm fine really," she concluded. She then looked over at me with a question in her eyes. What happened?

"T-they took Carri... Gavin said he wants his money back or it'll get worse for us." I muttered.

"That bastard... Thinks he can threaten us. Have you called Sarah?" Her mind at work now, there's no way a knife wound could stop Spark Daniels.

"No we wanted to make sure you were okay first." Victor said intertwining there fingers as he watched her fondly. "So Spark is short for Sparklina?"

Spark groaned.

---

Just a filler before the story finishes unfolding.

Crap is about to hit the fan and cover the walls so..

Whoever is reading , get ready :)