Chapter 21

I was talking to my girlfriend about the fact that i write on wattpad without telling her what i was writing about, and she said "It better not be about Miraculous". So Camilla if you're reading this, hi

P.S she use to write one direction fanfic so i'm not that bad compared to her

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean he's coming towards us?" exclaimed Ladybug. Already this was a delicate situation, now their plans were flying out the window. She started hyperventilating as her heart was beating quickly .

"Marinette breath, it's gonna be fine, actually it's better like this" said Chat, hurriedly trying to calm her down. "How is this better?!" she yelled in between breaths.

"Think about it," he said calmly while placing his hands on her shoulders "his advantage was that he was in his layer and he knew all the secrets spots, missiles in the walls or whatever you want, now we are on equal ground".

Wayzz nodded "And no need to worry, he cannot find the Miracle Box as the Kwamis of creation and destruction are the core, he'll be able to track only you two". At these words Ladybug seemed to calm down, taking in each mouthful of air breath carefully.

"Are you feeling better Little Bug?" asked the black cat hero, still rather worried. She smiled weakly and nodded "Better" she then turned to Wayzz with a determined expression "So he will follow us wherever we go?". The green Kwami nodded, the spotted hero took a deep breath and after a few moments of brainstorming she was ready. "I have a plan"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The assistant knocked on the dominant black door with silver linings to signal her boss of some last minute updates and entered without waiting for a response, knowing that the man on the other side would be too busy to notice her. "Sir?" she inquired as she entered the room to find no one to her surprise.

The absence of Mr. Agreste did not stop her, she knew where he was. She walked over to the old painting of the man's late wife and clicked on the secret buttons painted on her dress. She was immediately transported to the almost empty attic, where, as had guessed, Gabriel Agreste stood, in his civilian form, staring out of the window.

"Gabriel? What's going on?" asked the woman as she approached him, placing a hand on his shoulder, as an odd melody went on. The man sighed, his eyes not leaving the window "It's been a year" he turned around to face her "I believe we are very close to this end of our journey to get the miraculous".

Nathalie's mouth dropped in astonishment "What do you mean? How?". Gabriel laughed "I did nothing, in fact they brought this on themselves" he laughed, an almost maniacal laughter "Soon I will have the miraculous". The assistant smirked and nodded "I'm willing to help, whatever you need".

He placed a hand on her shoulder and looked out on the darkness of the night that had engulfed Paris. "You will be very useful Nathalie" he reassured her as Duusu's singing continued to fill the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of minutes later they arrived at the majestic Parisian monument, Ladybug leading them to the top. "Here it's perfect, we can hide in the skeleton of the structure if things get bad and we've fought here thousands of times, we know it like the back of our hands" she explained to the other two. She turned around to wink at her partner "Or Perhaps like the back of our paws" Chat smiled "Meow, I didn't realize M'Lady was one for puns" but she simply rolled her eyes "It can happen, I'd just rather keep it rare Kitty".

He laughed, but quickly turned seriously again as he realized an unusual thing "What about backup? I'm sure we can do this on our own but isn't it safer to have the rest of the team?" immediately she shook her head "I am not putting anymore of our friends in danger".

"But they can be good allies and-" he raised an eyebrow "Wait friends? Who-" she interrupted him and smiled "You really want to know all of my secrets don't you?" he brought her closer by the hips "I want to know all of you M'lady" he answered with his cocky grin as she rolled her eyes and smiled.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I'm afraid that he is almost here" said Wayzz softly as the two separated. Ladybug nodded "Thank you Wayzz" she smiled weakly "Make sure the Miracle Box remains hidden and safe, we already talked about the emergency plan, in case-" but the green Kwami interrupted her "It will be safe for your return" bowed his head and left.

"We are gonna beat him you know?" whispered Chat in her ear as he took her hand and kissed the back of it. "Just be careful Kitty, promise?" he grinned "As long as you promise as well". "Deal".