Chapter 29 - The Debris of my Shattered life

Tommy's POV

The night took an unexpected turn, and I found myself injured by my brother's unstable wife. After she spat her poison, Jaz stormed upstairs, and the room fell silent. While Stefano is lost in his chaotic thoughts, my mother remains hurt by Jasmine. Nora Morelli is vicious, but like any other mother, she forgives when it comes to family. Shaking my head, I struggle to identify the words I said that justifies her reaction. Rubbing my eyes, I lean against the wall, ignoring the whispers. No cunt has drawn a weapon on me and lived, but I meant to excuse the behavior and forget because she's Stefano's wife. If you ask me, she's acting as psychotic as the rest of her family.

What kind of drugs do these pussy's drip that has both my brothers delusional? Granted, Mina was a different story. It was my family that did her wrong, and the knee to my dick I easily dismissed. Although she caused a variety of headfucks at times, it was primarily because of her impulsivity and justified lack of trust towards my brother. However, eventually, she understood that upfront and center in the mafia, surrounded by gun wars, is not her place, and she needed to stay protected for the sake of the kids and King dick. They can't lose her, and all Raffaele ever asked of her was only to fight if he wasn't there and until he got there! She finally understood her importance in the family and stood down. 

Jasmine has no excuse! My family has been nothing but supportive. We wasted recourses looking for her brother, providing him care, and this is the thank you. Unfortunately, she is about to destroy my brother by leaving and taking his kids away. I can't help but snort. Stefano will allow it, just so that he doesn't hurt her.

I need someone to make sense of this because I can't find logic. Sweeping my eyes, I glance at Asimina, who's still trying to remember what agreement she signed. "Wait, are you saying that even if I want a divorce, I'm stuck living with you?" she breaks Raffaele's embrace and places a hand on her waist.

"Yes, Asimina. However, the agreement is both ways. I'm rectifying the mistake I once made. When I threatened that if you attempted something impulsive again, I would take our kids and leave. This agreement gives you comfort that I cannot go ahead with that empty threat. There are no loopholes." He advises her.

The stupid woman is still pissed, and then they wonder why I don't want a relationship. Yes, the agreement doesn't allow Mina just to take the kids and leave, but if we are honest, It's Raffaele that has more power to toss her to the side and withhold contact. With our resources, it would be easy to have her deemed unfit, and financially he can drag her through courts until she's penniless and living on the streets. He is bound to this agreement just as much as she is, if not more. We also must comply with the family rules, meaning my brother can never look, fuck, or be with another woman, especially after their official marriage. If Mina slips and cheats, she isn't going to suffer any consequences apart from a separation. Roles reversed Raffaele will be beaten and lose his Capo dei Capi status leaving the door open for Stefano or me to step up. Raffaele would be free only if Mina died, and it can't be by his hand or order either.  I question my great grandfather's sanity when he set these rules. Our women may have no power in business, but they have a firm grip on our balls. A tight leash around our fucking necks. Maybe that was his kink!

"If you can't show loyalty to the person you lay next to every night, then you cannot possibly be loyal and trustworthy in business." My great grandfather's famous words! My father and Raffaele could've done away with these rules but refused. Apparently, they have kept us successful in business and with family, so they remain.

I came out of my thoughts as Mina steps away from Raffaele, "This conversation isn't over!" she huffs and turns to her cousin, "Petro," Halting she waits for him to acknowledge her, "Why didn't say something?"