Seven: Invite

"Absolutely not!"

  "It's just for a night!"

  "I don't care. You're not going near that place."

  "Jean, please. It's for Gabe. We've known him since preschool."

  "Yes, we have and God knows I love him as well as you do, but I will not be letting you go to that disgusting place. I've heard rumors..."

  "Jean, I came to you because I trust you and I value your advice. Please, I want you to trust me; I know what I'm doing."

  "And I want you to trust me; I'm a nurse! Getting STD is not an option."

  "I'm going undercover. I'm not gonna mess around."

   "You must feel like James Bond saying that. Besides, the alcohol in your system isn't going to say 'Oh well, she's on a mission, I'll just wait till she gets home before I kick in.'"

  Dani sighed and sat down on a stool. The coffee in front of her had gone cold. "God, you're impossible."

  Jean, who was setting the table for breakfast, smiled. "Thank you, now call Ian down so we can eat. Jeremy might be here anytime soon to pick you up."

  Dani glared, sipped her coffee, grimaced at how cold it had gotten, and headed up stairs. Getting to Ian's door, before she could knock, the door opened. Ian was dressed in a blue long sleeve and black jeans. Jean had gotten him some clothes and shoes and creepily enough, they were all Ian's size.

  "No need, I could hear you coming up the stairs." He explained with a small smile.

  "What's the occasion?" She asked, admiring how the blue color made his eyes shine.

  "I'll be taking a little walk today." He said, closing the door behind him. He pulled out a small note pad and a pen. "I want to see how many Sources from this town is connected to my cosmic brothers and sisters."

  "And you're not gonna get lost again?"

  "No, I'll try not to, I've learnt the address. We, stars, have eidetic memories and high intelligence. Hope I don't sound like a snob." He rambled as they walked down the stairs. "Jean hates snobs. A particular patient at her hospital is a major snob, according to her."

  "She told you this?"

  Ian went quiet.

  Dani glared and folded her hands, stopping at the end of the stairs, blocking his path. "Ian... how do you know that piece of information?"

  "Know what piece of information?" Jean asked all the way from the dining room. She got up from her chair and walked over. "Dani, are you being mean again?"

  "Nope, just smart. Ian somehow knows you have a patient you think is a major snob."

  Jean blinked, blushed and tried to look angry. "Ian! What did we say about using that silly mojo on us without permission?"

  "It was an accident, honestly." Ian blurted, looking as sorry as a puppy in the rain, "when you handed me those clothes yesterday, which i am very grateful for, my fingers brushed yours. It was just a flash, I swear. Believe me, I can't lie."

   Jean sighed and smiled. "I can't stay mad at you. Come have breakfast!"

  "Jean!" Dani exclaimed. "You can't just let him off the hook like that. He's not going to take us seriously."

  "Oh Dani, just cool it. Gosh, you sound Candace from Phineas and Ferb." Jean led Ian to the table.

  When they were all seated, Jean noticed Ian's attire.