Sixteen: Date

"We should be studying."

     "Forget about that, just keep kissing me, sugar lips."

  "Sugar lips?" A naughty smile. "Is that my new name, hot stuff?"

  A slight frown. "Really? Hot stuff? That's what you came up with?"

  Small sigh. "I'm horrible at naming things."

  Jeremy chuckled and took her lips again. Dani was on his lap, their books wide open on the kitchen counter. Gabe was currently in school, training with the football team. Dani had wanted to stay behind to see the look on Tyler's face when Gabe walked into the pitch but Jeremy had suggested that they should head back to start early.

    "You can call me whatever you want. I don't care." Jeremy whispered against her lips.

  Dani chuckled and connected herself to him again. He tightened his arms around her waist as the kiss grew intense. The sound of a door opening made them snap apart.

  Lucinda strode in, wearing a big brown fur coat and some dark leggings, complete with heels. She raised an eyebrow at the sight of the two of them. "What's going on here? Since when were you guys chummy?"

  Dani blushed and jumped off Jeremy's lap like he was hot coal. She quietly settled on her stool.

  "Mom, you're making her feel bad." Jeremy said, getting up and pecking his mother.

  "I am? Oh no, darling! I'm not one to judge. I'm just saying I didn't know you guys started hooking up." Lucinda dropped her purse on the counter and smiled fully at Dani.

  Jeremy smirked at the red-faced girl beside him. He put his arm around her neck and drew him closer. "She's just curious. Nothing to worry about."

  Dani nodded, eyes down.

Jeremy laughed. "Really, it's okay. She's cool with it. Cool with everything. That's why we love her."

  "Aw, honey!" Lucinda tried to hug her son but Jeremy shifted away.

  "Mom, my girlfriend's here." He hissed.

  "Girlfriend?!" Lucinda exclaimed. Her eyes wandered to Dani again, whose face was as red as a tomato. "I thought you were just..."

  Dani placed her head on her palm, letting her hair conceal her face. Her face felt as hot as a pot on a fire. She felt sweat pricking her forehead.

  "Mom, you're doing it again." Came Jeremy's voice.

  "Well, I have the right to be surprised. You never told me Dani Chamberman was your girlfriend."

  "Then why do you think we were hooking up?"

  "Did you seriously just ask me that question? You're Jeremy, that's your thing."

Jeremy sighed and placed his hand on Dani's back. "Hey, I'm sorry my mom can be embarrassing sometimes. But she's really just surprised that's all."

  Dani raised her head and nodded slightly. "I know. I'm sorry for acting weird."

  "Weird?" Lucinda questioned. "Girl, you acted the normal way a girl would react. You should have seen the other girls he brought back. One even tried to steal this very coat." She fingered her brown coat.

  Dani snickered at that.

  Lucinda smiled at her. "I'm happy for you two and I wish you the best. Jeremy, I hope you're not playing any games with her because if you are..."