Eleven: Kolo

"Let's play Never have I ever." Marcus suggested. He sneaked a glance at Dani. "Is everyone okay with that?"

  Dani shrugged. "No problem here."

  "Whatever," Sandy said.

  The girl sitting with her arm hooked with Ian's nodded lightly. "Let's do it. Who's first?"

"I'll do it." Jeremy abruptly said and shifted to the edge of his bed. "Everyone hands up." When all hands were raised, he smiled and focus his gaze on Dani; "but first, let's set a consequence. If you have done the things mentioned, you have to kiss the first person that says dibs. Agreed?"

  Everyone mumbled while nodding. Dani's heart was beating rapidly for some unknown reason. The music from downstairs making the walls shake wasn't helping the situation in her chest.

  "Okay. Never have I ever stolen an invitation card to a party." Jeremy said, eyes on Dani.

  No one dropped a finger.

  Dani narrowed her eyes at Jeremy. "Really? You think I would steal an invite?"

  Jeremy shrugged. "Just checking."

  "Dibs." Called the brunette sitting close to Ian. She walked over to Jeremy and kissed him passionately for a few seconds before Sandy pushed her away.

   "Really, Bridget?" Sandy hissed. "Could you get any more desperate?"

  The blonde girl beside the black boy laughed merrily. "Don't be such a buzzkill, Sandy." Her boyfriend was smirking.

  "I'll go next," Sandy said. "Never have I ever stolen my friend's accessories and got caught." She smiled evilly at the blonde girl. "Better put your finger down, Angela."

  Angela glared at Sandy and dropped a finger.

  "I got you. Dibs." Said her boyfriend. He brought Angela's face to his and kissed her for a minute.

  "Thanks, Will." Angela whispered.

  "Me next." Bridget chirped. "Never have I ever used drugs to make girls like me." She kept eyeing Ian's fingers but they stayed up.

No one dropped a finger.

  "Really?" Bridget asked Ian. "Never? Not even once?"

  Ian shrugged. "I've never taken any kind of drug before." He stated.

  "Oh really? Not even pills for headaches?" Will asked, his arm around Angela's neck.

  "No."

  Jeremy raised an eyebrow at Dani and glanced at Ian. "So you've just been winging it since birth? Never gotten sick...?"

  "Absolutely."

  Dani felt so embarrassed. Everyone kept glancing at her in confusion. Ian didn't seem to notice the tension in the room—or maybe he just wasn't bothered by it.

  "But a knife has punctured me before." He suddenly added. "It plunged into my hand and came out the other side."

Bridget gasped. "Oh my god, where?"

  "My hand." Ian dropped his hand into Bridget's lap who examined it like a baby.

  "There's... nothing here. I can't see any sign of being stabbed in the hand. Not even a mark or scar." She raised her head. "How long ago was this?"

  "Last Saturday."

  Silence rang, then laughter broke out. Only Dani, Ian, and Jeremy weren't laughing. The rest were howling and rolling on the beds.