3

I woke up the next morning to the sound of loud kitchen noises.  I quickly got ready to see what the commotion was.  Jisung was in the kitchen, cooking up what I assumed to be breakfast.  He was wearing a loose, black tank along with a pair of gray shorts.  How he looked so good in such a simple outfit, I had no clue.

"Someone's finally awake," Jisung commented, his voice low and raspy.

"Hey it's not even that late, chill out dude," I protested.

"Whatever you say," he shrugged before placing a stack of pancakes on the dining table.  "I made you some breakfast by the way, so dig in."

"Aw how nice of you," I gushed before joining Jisung at the round table.  I grabbed two pancakes and quickly began eating them.

"So any plans for today?" Jisung casually asked.

"I want to try and catch up on my blog but other than that, I don't have any plans," I said, stuffing more of the delicious pancake into my mouth.

"It's a Saturday, how could you not have any other plans that aren't related to work?" Jisung asked, surprised.

"I'm sorry for being a lame person," I rolled my eyes.  "Well then what are you going to do today, Jisung?"

"Not much, probably hang out with some friends later," he responded before taking another bite of his pancake.

"Random question but why did you need a roommate all of a sudden?  I'm assuming you used to live here before," I asked, genuinely curious.

"Oh it's just as simple as being a broke young adult.  I couldn't afford to pay the entire place's rent, hence a roommate."

"Fair enough," I hummed as I got up to rinse my plate in the sink.  After returning back to the table, I spoke up  "Also, I think it's good if we have each other's numbers, in case of any problems."

"Okay Ara, I see you trying to be slick," Jisung smirked.  "I knew it would be only a matter of time before you fell for my charms."

"Shut up!" I shoved him.  "You know you really need a blow to your ego, right?"

"I think it's fine," Jisung shrugged off he then handed me his phone that was lying on the table.  "You can put your number into my phone."

"Look who wants my number now," I sarcastically said, teasing the guy.  "Okay I think we should still get to know each other more.  I don't want to live with a stranger for an entire month," I reasoned after giving Jisung my number.

"Whatever you say, angel," Jisung laughed as he jumped onto the couch.

"Angel?" I asked, joining him, but on the opposite side of the gray couch.  As a response, Jisung simply shrugged.

And just like that, the two of us talked for two hours straight, about anything and everything.  I was extremely surprised to find out that Jisung and I had a lot in common.  The conversation was easy going but also interesting. I was truly glad that my roommate didn't end up being a creepy dude after all.

"You know, this was the first time I've made a new friend in a long time," Jisung chuckled.  "I forgot how exciting meeting someone new can be."

"So now we're friends?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I just assumed.  Unless for some reason you don't want to be?" Jisung questioned, his eyes on me.

"No no, we are friends now, I was just messing with you," I clarified, laughing along with him.  "But how come I'm the first friend you've made in a long time? Do you not talk to anyone?"

"No it's not that, I just have a group of friends that I've stuck with for a while now so I never found the need to just randomly go out and meet new people.  I don't do that shit."

"Understandable," I nodded.  "Okay well it was really fun talking with you Jisung but I should probably work on my blog now."

"Why work on Saturdays?" he asked.

"Well let me ask you this. Do you write and produce music on the weekends?"

"Of course I do.  But that's not my job."

"Well although this is my job, you could say that I love writing and fashion as much as you like music.  So doing it on the weekends is no problem for me," I reasoned as I headed into my room to begin working.

"Damn Ara you should be a philosopher or speaker or something," Jisung said, clearly impressed.

"I try, thank you," I laughed, giving him a small bow.  "Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, have a good night!" With that, I shut my room door to begin working on one of the biggest passions I had in life.