37

I was sitting in my room, humming along to a BTS playlist while curling my hair.  I didn't understand why Jisung insisted on going on a fancy dinner date even when the results from my job interview weren't here yet.

My music got interrupted by a small ding from my phone and I reached out to grab it. 

1 Notification:

Vogue Korea HR
Re: Job Interview
Dear Miss Park Ara,
We hope this email finds you well.  This email is regarding your interview with our staff member this morning...

I screamed.  My heart was beating out of my chest as I looked at the sender name on my phone screen.

"Angel? What's wrong, are you okay?!" Jisung burst into my room after hearing all of my commotion.  "Why'd you scream, are you hurt?!" he cupped my face in his hands, searching for any sign of pain.

"They replied," I was able to muster out.  I pointed to my phone which was now laying on my bed.

"And?" Jisung looked at me with expecting eyes, unable to contain a smile.

"I didn't read it yet," I confessed, letting my head drop.

"Aw come here angel, we can read it together," Jisung chuckled, patting a spot next to him on the bed.  He grabbed my phone and handed it to me.

"I don't know if I can read it, I'm shaking right now," I said, looking down at my trembling hands. 

"Would you like me to do it?" Jisung asked, his voice smooth and gentle.

I nodded as I unlocked my phone and handed it back to him. Before opening the email, he pressed a soft kiss on my forehead, comforting me.

"Dear Miss Park Ara," he started, the nerves already starting to set in.  "We hope this email finds you well, blah blah blah..." he trailed off, scanning the email, searching for the actual results.  His eyes lit up as soon as he got to that part.

"We are pleased to announce that you are accepted for the job of assistant fashion journalist. You have showed us your highly talented skill set as well as ability to work in an office environment. Please confirm this acceptance by Friday night so we can get you started as soon as possible."

"Oh my fucking god I got the job!" I screamed, tackling Jisung back onto my bed. "I can't believe this, it's really happening!" I hugged Jisung tightly, still processing what just happened.

"See? I knew you'd get the job," Jisung chuckled, returning my hug. He kissed my forehead before backing away.

I simply smiled at Jisung. I couldn't be more happier. I had an amazing boyfriend, my dream job, as well as a bunch of friends who supported me no matter what.

"Now I believe you have a dinner date to get ready for?" Jisung asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, thank god we actually have something to celebrate now," I laughed.

"By the way, you're looking great already," Jisung winked, pointing out my half curled head of hair.

"Oh stop," I playfully slapped him on the shoulder. "If you want to go out, you'll have to leave me so I can get ready."

"I can't wait," Jisung chuckled, standing up. "I'll see you soon angel, I know you're going to look amazing."

He pressed a quick kiss onto my lips before softly closing the door after him. I returned back to curling my hair, relieved that all of my stress regarding the job was gone.

I finished getting ready and was now looking at myself in the mirror. I chose to wear a deep navy blue dress. It had spaghetti straps as well as a plunging neck line. I had recently bought the dress with Hana on one of our recent shopping trips. She urged me to buy it, reasoning that "Jisung will not be able to take his eyes off of you!"

For makeup, I went pretty simple, wearing a nude lipstick and some gold eyeshadow. I paired my look with all gold jewelry and a pair of high heels.

"Angel, you ready to go?" Jisung called out from his room.

"Yep, coming!" I yelled back. I grabbed my purse and opened my room door.

Jisung was standing in his room's doorway, leaning against the frame. We looked at each other for what felt like forever, checking out each other's outfits.

Jisung was wearing a navy blue button up shirt which he loosely tucked into a pair of off white dress pants. His hair was neatly combed into a side part and I immediately smelled the scent of his cologne.

"You look amazing," he breathed as he approached me, gently taking me into his arms. He then leaned down to kiss me, his soft lips moving against mine in a movement that made my heart leap.

"So do you," I chuckled, softly placing my hands on his chest. "Looks like we matched."

Jisung looked down at his shirt and back to my dress. We were both wearing extremely similar shades of navy blue, unplanned whatsoever.

"I guess we did match," he laughed, intertwining his fingers with mine. "You ready to go?"

"Yep," I beamed, letting Jisung lead me out of our apartment building.

———

Damn boy that side profile tho-

I am not okay. If I'm not active anymore, you know why 😐

This should be illegal uGh. Here lies a fellow stay who got killed by the looks of a visual known as Han freaking Jisung. 🪦