38

"Ji, this is such a fancy place!" I gasped, taking in the ambience of the restaurant. There was no doubt this dinner would cost a lot of money.

"I know, we haven't been on a dinner date like this so I wanted to try it," Jisung chuckled, placing a hand on my waist. "I know how you always say our time spent together doesn't have to be extremely fancy but I wanted to do it just once."

"Okay fine, just one night as a celebration for my new job," I laughed.

"Yes, exactly!" Jisung agreed, nodding his head. "Not to mention you look absolutely stunning when you're dressed in formal wear."

"So that's why?" I asked, teasingly raising an eyebrow. "You just wanted to see me dressed fancy?"

"No, not just that," Jisung shyly smiled, looking away. "Let's go to our table now," he dragged me to a corner of the restaurant where there was a small table with two chairs on either side. To the the left, there was a large window where we could see the nighttime city life.

"Now we really look like a couple, with matching outfits," Jisung giggled, wiggling his eyebrows.

"We sure do," I smiled at him, grabbing a menu to look at.

We quickly ordered our food and waited around for it, our conversation mainly focused around my new job.

"So that means you'll be gone every single day," Jisung pouted, as I explained to him the details of the job.

"Well only the weekdays," I chuckled. "I'm all yours on the weekends, don't worry,"

"Yeah well that's only two days out of the seven in the week," Jisung complained, pouting even more. I had to fight the urge to reach out and squish his squirrel cheeks.

"Well you also work on the weekdays," I pointed out.

"Yeah but I usually work from home which meant I got to see you throughout the day," he protested.

"I think you'll be able to survive a few hours each day without me," I smirked at a sad Jisung.

He simply gave me the cutest pair of puppy dog eyes to which I softly responded. "What a baby,"

The waiter then came and gave us our food and both of us were grateful. We were both extremely hungry and didn't hesitate to dig into our meals.

After dinner, we decided to take a walk along the Han river, letting the nighttime breeze cool us down. I slipped my hand into Jisung's as we occasionally touched shoulders.

"The moon is so pretty tonight," I hummed, looking up at the full moon that shone out amongst the twinkling stars.

"It is," Jisung agreed, letting his head fall back so he could see the sky. I observed him as he stared at the stars in awe, mouth slightly agape. I really wanted to grab my phone and snap a picture, but doing so would ruin the mood.

After bringing his head back down, he glanced at me happily.  I slightly pouted my lips as Jisung gave them a quick peck, chuckling at my actions.

After walking alongside the shimmering river, we decided to call it a night, my feet sore from being in heels for hours.

"Do you need me to carry you angel?" Jisung asked as he hooked an arm under my knees to lift me up bridal style.

"No Ji, put me down!" I screeched as I wrapped my arms around his neck for support.

After walking a couple steps, Jisung eventually put me down, his laughter filling up the air.  I smoothened out my dress as I took his hand in mine once again.

We finally arrived at our apartment, content with our dinner date.  Jisung turned the lights on as our home came to life.  I threw my purse on the couch as I sat down, Jisung sitting right next to me.

"Did you enjoy our date angel?" Jisung asked, turning to face me.

"Yes, a lot," I confirmed as I leaned in to kiss his lips. I had been waiting to do that all evening and now, I was on cloud nine as Jisung kissed me back, deepening it even more.

We both pulled away with flushed cheeks and pink lips. It was moments like these that I truly enjoyed. I didn't need a fancy dinner with my boyfriend to be satisfied. This was more than enough as I snuggled closer to him.