35

"Do I look okay Ji?" I asked him, smoothening out my shirt.  I took deep breaths as I grabbed my purse, checking if I had everything in it.  Today was the day of my job interview and to say I was nervous would be a severe understatement.

Everything that I had been dreaming of for years came down to this.  This one interview decided if I would be able to pursue my dream job.  I could feel my heart beating uncontrollably and I desperately needed to calm down.

"Angel, you look amazing," he said.  Jisung was in my room, sitting on my bed.  He was helping me get ready, choosing an outfit, and calming me down.

I looked at myself in the mirror, hoping my outfit was good enough.  Especially considering I was being interviewed for a position as a fashion journalist, I needed to look perfect.

I had on a white button up that was neatly tucked into a black pencil skirt.  I decided to wear a pair of black heels and keep my hair down.

Jisung got off of my bed and approached me.  He wrapped his arms around my waist, giving me a back hug as he observed me through the mirror we were both standing in front of.

"I know you're going to get this job baby, don't stress," he softly said, lightly resting his chin on my shoulder.  "I know this is going to sound so cheesy, but just be you.  Show them the caring, kind hearted Ara I know you are."

"Thanks Ji," I sighed, placing my hands on top of his.  I looked at our reflection in the mirror.  We were both smiling and just seemed so genuinely happy.  I knew that even if I didn't land this job, I still had Jisung to comfort me.

"I should probably get going," I turned around so I could face Jisung.  I was already feeling a lot calmer.

"Good idea," Jisung nodded. "How are you planning on getting there again?"

"Hyunjin's going to drop me off since he has a meeting there in the same building."

"Oh ok," Jisung said.  I thought I noticed his jaw tense up for a split second but I shook it off, thinking it was nothing.

I grabbed my purse from my bed and gave Jisung a quick hug.  "Thank you for everything Ji."

"Of course angel," he smiled, giving me a kiss on the lips.  I cupped his cheeks as I deepened the kiss before quickly letting go.  I smiled at him, sure that my cheeks were pink.  I looked up at him and wiped the bit of lipstick I left on the corner of his lips, softly giggling.

"Alright, I should really get going now, Hyunjin's probably outside waiting," I told him, exiting my room, Jisung following close behind.

"Good luck angel, you got this!" he assured, kissing my forehead.

I waved back at him as he closed the door behind me.  I walked into the parking to see Hyunjin's car parked off to the side.

"Ready to go?" he asked as I got into the passenger seat.

"Yup," I confirmed as he started the engine and exited our apartment building.

"You nervous?" Hyunjin asked me.

"Just a little.  I'm trying to keep my hopes low in case I get rejected."

"Bullshit," he scoffed.  "I already told you, I spoke very highly of you to the interviewer so no need to worry."

I didn't respond to Hyunjin, not wanting him to know that only made me more nervous.  That meant that if I messed this up, I would've messed it up big time.

We eventually arrived at the building and got out of the car.  As we entering, I stared at my surroundings in awe.  Everything was so clean and pristine.  Hyunjin led me to an area just outside of an office.

"They'll call you in when it's time so you can just relax here," Hyunjin explained, pointing to the chairs that were arranged just outside.

"Thanks Hyunjin," I smiled, taking a seat.  "I seriously cannot thank you enough for landing me this interview."

"And I can't stress how much I told you to not worry about it," Hyunjin chuckled.  "I checked out your blog and trust me, it's really good."

Just then, a middle aged woman opened the door and peeked out.  She landed her gaze on me as she opened the door fully.

"Are you here for the interview?" she asked.

"Yes ma'am," I replied standing up.

"Ara, right?" she said, to which I nodded.

"Great, come on in."

I followed her into the room before glancing back at Hyunjin.  He smiled, giving me two thumbs up.  I returned the smile and waved before disappearing into the woman's office.

---

i'm probably not gonna write the actual interview itself mainly cuz i'm not sure what to include in it but you guys can get the general idea, right??