42

The next morning, the sound of muffled voices stirred me awake.

"Maybe she's in here?" a voice said on the other side of the door.

Eyes still closed, I heard the door open, followed by a loud commotion.

"What the fuck?!"

Jisung...?

Confused, I opened my eyes and turned my head to the door, seeing Jisung leaning against the doorway, clearly angry.

Wait.  If Jisung wasn't sleeping next to me last night, who was..?

I slowly turned around to see another sleeping figure next to me.

"Hyunjin?" I yelled, sitting up straight, now fully awake despite a pounding headache.

"Ara," Jisung said coldly, his voice starting to break.  "Y-You slept with Hyunjin?"

"What, no!" I said frantically, feeling my throat close up.

Oh no.  This is bad, really bad.

"Ara?" Hyunjin asked, opening his eyes. "What's happening?"

"What's happening is that you just slept with my girlfriend," Jisung said, his voice now about to break.

"Jisung no, this is all a big misunderstanding," I explained, getting out of the bed, head spinning.  By the time I regained my balance, Jisung was gone.

"Oh shit," I said, running after him. "Jisung wait, just let me explain!"

"What is there to explain, Ara?" Jisung asked, turning around.  His eyes were starting to get watery as he continued. "I just saw my girlfriend sleeping with one of my best friends.  What is there to explain? You know, I should've known all along that you've had a thing for him.  The way he got you that stupid job interview, how you always go to work with him, I should've known something was happening!"

"Jisung, what are you talking about?" I fired back, the emotions starting to get to me.  "I never liked Hyunjin like that, why the fuck would you think that?  Besides, why are you making all of these crazy assumptions? I'm literally in my clothes Jisung, how could you think I slept with Hyunjin?"

"I should've known," he just muttered, shaking his head.  "Ever since he got you that job interview-"

"Why do you keep bringing that up Jisung?" I cut him off, now becoming hurt at his words.  "You know how much I wanted that job, why are you twisting this into something it's not? Hyunjin was just being a good friend when he did that for me."

"Yeah, a really good friend," he scoffed.  "A really good friend who always offers to drive you and just so happens to fall asleep in the same bed as you.  How do I know you guys weren't doing anything else last night?"

"You need to trust me, Jisung," I softly pleaded, the tears starting to form.  "D-Do you not trust me?"

There was a moment of silence after I asked that question.  The only thing I could hear was my heart beating out of my chest, waiting for Jisung to respond.  The longer he took, the less hopeful I got.

"No," Jisung finally said, coldly.  "No, I don't trust that you guys didn't do anything.  I've noticed it from the beginning, all of the times you expressed to Hyunjin how grateful you were, how happy you sounded when you told me Hyunjin would pick you up.  This just confirmed it."

"So you thought I was cheating on you this whole time?" I whispered, the truth slowly starting to dawn on me.  The sadness inside of me slowly started to turn into anger when Jisung refused to respond.

"You know what, Jisung?" I started, my blood starting to boil.  "If you don't trust me, that's a serious problem. I'm hurt that you would've thought for even a second that I was cheating on you with Hyunjin.  I've told you clearly that it was a misunderstanding. We were all drunk as hell and I thought you were the one getting into bed with me.  If you refuse to believe that, I don't know what to tell you anymore."

"Bullshit," Jisung muttered, just loud enough for me to hear. Just that one word left my mouth hanging open in shock.

"This conversation is over," I stated, eyeing Jisung. "You can talk to me again after you reflect on what you just said and come back to me with a sincere apology."

With that, I turned away from Jisung, looking for Hana.  The tears that I've been holding in finally bursted and they streamed down my cheeks.

"Hana," I croaked out after I had finally found Felix and her in Felix's room. After looking at my appearance, both of them came running up to me.

"Ara, we heard," Hana explained gently as she pulled me in for a hug. "I am so sorry you just had to go through that, he was being a complete dick."

"Why won't he believe me?" I managed to muster out as Felix joined our hug as well.  "I thought it was going so well, he's so kind and respectful and-"

"Hey," Hana cut me off, looking at me straight in the eye. "I know that you guys were great together but there's no point in remembering all that right now.  Jisung needs to realize that in order to be in a relationship, he needs to trust you. Let this be a test as to whether or not he really deserves someone as amazing as you. If he's a true keeper, he'll apologize soon, okay?"

"Okay," I responded, wiping away the tears. "I'm just heartbroken that he wouldn't even consider what I'm saying could be true."

"Ara, I know it must be so hard on you but just give it time, okay?" Felix said. "Tell us what you need, we'll be here for you, we promise."

"Thank you guys so much," I sighed, feeling the slightest bit better. "Is it okay if I stay in here until everyone leaves?"

"Of course Ara," Hana smiled. "I'll go and make sure they're all out and handle their questions okay?"

I simply nodded, falling back onto the bed as Hana and Felix went to talk to the rest of the group.

— a/n —

Please don't hate me guys :D