Chapter 15: Reunion

⚠️WARNING: Depictions of violence ahead, read with caution
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The kids were growing up too fast, Odin was now 6 and Cali was 12.

Andre was in the living room with both kids when I ran in with an envelope in hand.

"Andre! Baby! Look!" I shoved the envelope in his face.

He laughed before gently taking it from me, opening the envelope and taking out a piece of paper. I watched his eyes read, his face becoming unreadable before he reached the end. His eyes widened and he turned to me with shock in his eyes.

"A reunion?!"

"Yeah! We're invited to go to the reunion and see all of our friends and teachers!"

"Sky, this is fantastic, but who's gonna watch the kids?"

I swore under my breath, quiet enough for Odin's parrot mouth not to repeat, "Let me make a few calls, maybe one of my uncles can if they're not busy, or my cousin."

"When's the reunion anyway?" Andre glanced at the paper again, "Oh, in a couple of weeks."

"Gives us enough time to get someone to watch our babies."

"If we have to, we can hire a babysitter." Andre suggested, "As long as they don't mind dogs."

I playfully rolled my eyes and sat down next to him, watching as Cali colored in her coloring book and as Odin built with his building blocks.

I rested my head on Andre's shoulder, smiling as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Look at what happened." he whispered in my ear, "we have a beautiful family, two perfect children, three amazing dogs, and I have the most beautiful wife."

He kissed my temple, I looked up at him, "I wouldn't have this life any other way."

****************

We found a sitter for the kids, my aunt told me she would be flying in for business and she said she would love to watch the kids and the dogs.

It was the night of the reunion, Andre and I dressed semi-fancy for the event. As I finished getting my shoes on, I heard the doorbell ring.

I opened the door and hugged my aunt Clarissa, tearing up as I haven't seen her since the wedding.

"Please come in!" I excitedly pulled her inside.

Soon, Andre descended the stairs, Odin following behind. Clarissa's smile immediately blossomed across her face as she laid eyes on my son.

"Oh my goodness, Sky, he looks just like you!" she cooed.

I smiled, gesturing for Odin to approach. He shyly did, not sure who this person was.

"Odin, this is my aunt, Clarissa. She's gonna be watching you and your sister while daddy and I are out."

Cue the waterworks, Odin started crying and begging me not to leave. Practically clinging to my leg.

"Hey, hey," I softly said to him as I picked him up, "it's only gonna be about six episodes of Spongebob. Daddy and I will bring home some snacks too, how about that?"

His tears stopped, and he hugged me. I laughed a bit and hugged him back, telling my aunt exactly what to do for the kids and giving her the dogs' schedule for their dinner and outside routines before they went to bed.

Afterwards, Andre and I were on our way to Hollywood Arts to see our friends and catch up with our teachers.

*******************