Chapter 11: Party Bust

Warning: This chapter contained depictions of sexual assault, murder, and violent acts. If any of these topics trigger you, please skip the chapter or read at your own risk

***************************

Andre and I have been going on a year strong! Production has been going great! Everything is amazing, he's amazing! For our one year anniversary, he took me to a fancy restaurant that the others have been to before and gifted me this beautiful necklace with two charms. An A for Andre, and a microphone for our shared love of music.

For him, I bought him a new keyboard, plus some skins just in case he wanted to switch up the look. They were reusable and biodegradable.

Anyway, currently we were at a party at Keenan Thompson's house. That's right, I met Keenan! Andre took me with him when his uncle was giving Keenan a tour of his new house. After what happened last time with a panda (Andre said it was a long story), Keenan bought a new house and kept all the documents off his phone and off social media.

So, this party was much smaller than what it was before, but we were having a great time. I stuck by Andre the whole time, though. Currently, Andre and I were with Tori and Flynn.

"So, Skyla," Flynn spoke up, "Tori told me you're working on an album?"

"Oh! Yeah! Andre's helping me produce it, it's more of a team project than me doing it all alone!" I answered, beaming up at my guy.

"What's it about?" Flynn asked.

"Ah...the topic's a bit personal." I stepped closer to Andre's side.

"Come on," Flynn leaned closer with a smile, causing Tori's smile to falter, "you can tell me."

"Flynn." Tori warned.

Before I could answer, Andre spoke up for me, "The topic is personal, but we hope to spread awareness on mental health, creating a safe place for listeners struggling with whatever it is they're struggling with."

"Yeah!" I interlocked my fingers with Andre's, "I want people to relate so they don't feel like they're alone with their struggles."

Flynn scoffed, "Yeah, sure. Like that'll even sell."

I furrowed my brows, immediately angered, "Excuse you?"

He smirked, "Mental health doesn't mean shit to people. All you are is sad and nervous, everyone gets like that."

He leaned closer, staring me dead in the eyes, "If anything..."

"Flynn, don't." Tori warned again.

He shot her a look, "You should make your music like everyone else's. Make it about sex, wealth, and drugs."

I wanted to slap that smirk off his face, but before I could, Andre stood between me and Flynn.

"I know you're dating my best friend," Andre growled, "but watch your tone with my girl."

Flynn gulped and turned back to Tori, I squeezed Andre's arm and pulled him back.

"Calm it." I mouthed.

Andre glanced at Flynn then back at me, the look on his face reading, "Are you serious?"

I leaned up and kissed his cheek, reassuring him that I'll be fine. But I suddenly got a bad feeling in my stomach. I grabbed Tori's hand and started dragging her away.

"Skyla! What the hell?!" she yelled as I found an empty bedroom.

"Look, you're gonna think I'm crazy." I tried to explain.