Chapter 16: Scandal

"ANDRE HARRIS!" Jade kicked the front door open, scaring the dogs.

"Jade? What the hell?" I got up angrily, seething.

"WHERE IS HE?!" she started screaming, Beck following in behind her with a more...gentle concern on his face.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"You didn't see the news?" Beck asked.

"What news?"

"Andre's in a scandal. Apparently someone thinks he's cheating on you with Trina."

I went quiet, "What?"

"It's so stupid." Beck sighed, "But the paparazzi are really sold on this story."

"I'm gonna kill whichever reporter made that bullshit story." I growled.

"We have your back." Beck reassured, placing a hand on Jade's shoulder.

"ANDRE!" I yelled, getting a muffled "coming" in reply.

As he came down the stairs, Andre noticed the fury in Jade's face and, more importantly, the pissed off glare in my eye.

"What happened?"

"Wanna explain why the press is saying you're cheating on Skyla with Trina?" Jade snapped.

Andre looked like he was gonna vomit, "What the fuck?"

Beck put himself between Jade and I and Andre, "See, he didn't know either."

"Then explain this!" Jade held up her phone, showing an image of Andre and Trina sitting together at a cafe, something I wasn't shown until now.

"You better have a damn good answer for this." I spat.

"Sky, I don't know what the fuck is going on! Yes, I was hanging out with Trina, but it was for a good reason."

"What's the reason then, huh?" I gestured upstairs, "Cause if you wanted to throw this all away-"

"NO! Why the hell would I? That's not me! That's not Andre!"

A knock echoed through the door, "Hello? Skyla? It's Trina. We need to talk."

Jade looked at the door with a smirk as I called out, "Come on in Trina."

As the eldest Vega walked in, her face went pale as she noticed how angry we all were, and from the death glare she was getting from Jade.

"So you know about the scandal?" she gulped, keeping herself next to the door.

"Well someone kicked open my door to show me the evidence." I glanced over to Jade, "I just wanna know why the press thinks my husband is cheating on me with you."

Trina scoffed, "Oh please, like I would ever ruin a happy marriage."

"Well if you two aren't sneaking around behind my back," I exhaled, "who tipped off the press with a fake story?"

"That's the thing," Beck explained, "I've read every article, watched every segment, all they say is that the source who gave this tip was someone close to our group."

"But none of us would do something like that to make the other unhappy." Jade spoke up, "Even if we did, you'd had to have given someone a reason to."

"Perhaps a jealous fan?" Trina suggested, standing up straight and moving away from the door, "Skyla and Andre have to have obsessed fans who are willing to do anything to be with them."

"While you are right," I validated, "we have security watching over everywhere we go. We hired them for the sake of the kids."

"Wait," Jade stuck her hand out, "who all knew when you got pregnant with Calliope?"