Chapter 8: Karaoke Date and a Sleepover

Saturday came around quickly, our project of presenting our Eros invoking scene wasn't due until Wednesday, but Andre and I have been rehearsing for three days.

It was Saturday afternoon when I woke up, remembering that I had a date later that night. So I quickly hopped into the shower to freshen up. Once I got out, I dried myself off, styled my hair, and got dressed in a different style outfit.

 Once I got out, I dried myself off, styled my hair, and got dressed in a different style outfit

I then sat down at my makeup table and contemplated whether or not to dress up my face. I finally decided against it and grabbed a pair of black boots, slipping them on and grabbing my purse off the hanger. I plugged my phone on the charger and started playing some games to pass the time until I heard the doorbell ring.

I dashed to the door and opened it excitedly, Andre was there in a nice solid blue crew neck shirt and dark jeans. He was wearing a nice pair of shoes too, but he wasn't looking too fancy. He had his hand behind his back.

"I had to ask Jade for your favorite flowers so here you go." Andre said, presenting me with a bouquet of blue orchids.

"Oh my god! Thank you! They're beautiful!" I exclaimed as I took them from his hand.

Quickly, I put them in a vase, then met with Andre back at the door, following him out, turning around and locking the door behind me. I linked my arm with his as we walked to his car.

The drive didn't take too long to get to the karaoke place. It was called "Karaoke Dokie", it looked like a club but it had a pretty big stage and a DJ in the corner.

Andre and I sat down and ordered some food and some drinks, obviously non alcoholic cause we're severely underaged, but regardless, we got some drinks to wash down the food.

Once our waiter walked off, Andre folded his hands on the table, "So, you've been at our school for what? Two, three months now? I don't know a thing about you other than the fact that you like blue orchids, music, and, unfortunately, your family history."

"You also know that I love mythology." I added, taking a sip of my drink.

"That is very true."

"Alllllllllrighty ladies and gentlemen! Tonight we have a sing off! Whichever of our two singers gets the majority applause, wins!" the DJ announced.

"I volunteer as the first singer!" a girl with long blonde hair and green eyes offered up.

She was petite, wearing a green tube top and jeans with black heels. She said her name was Monika when the DJ asked for her name. She sang some crappy pop song and got off the stage.

"Who wants to challenge Monika?"

"I'll go!" I stood up, locking eyes with this chick.

"Ooo, we got a feisty challenger!" the DJ commentated.

I took the stage and grabbed the mic, "Hey DJ, put on some Dreamcatcher."

"Alright! What's your name, challenger?"