Chapter 6: The Start Of Something New

Walking into the building the next day, I grinned at the sight of Tori, Cat, and Robbie all chatting by Tori's locker.

"Hey guys!" I smiled.

"Hey Sky!" Tori smiled back, giving me a small hug.

"Quick question," I said, "do you guys like chocolate chip, sugar, or snickerdoodle cookies?"

"I have a gluten issue." Robbie sighed, "But I like chocolate chip."

"Chocolate chip!" Cat exclaimed with a giggle.

"I like sugar cookies!" said Tori.

"Cool, cause I made like three different batches of cookies last night, soooooooo," I pulled out the containers and a bag, and taking out the respective cookie for each person, "Choco chip for Cat, gluten free choco chip for Robbie, and sugar for Tori!"

"Wait," Robbie said, "I thought you said you made three batches?"

"I have a cousin who has a gluten allergy, so I stopped by her place to pick up some gluten free ones just in case. I don't wanna cause any issues with your stomachs." I explained.

"You're so sweet, Sky, thank you so much!" Tori excitedly said as she took a bite.

"So good!" Cat mumbled under her breath, causing me to giggle.

"I'm glad you like them!"

"What made you happy enough to make these?" Robbie asked, a little bit of chocolate on his cheek.

"Nothing much, really." I fibbed.

"We told her the news." Jade's voice echoed behind me.

"What news?" Tori asked.

"Nadia got suspended." Beck answered.

Tori cheered, "Thank god! She was getting on my nerves."

"Yeah," Robbie agreed, "I didn't like pretending to be her friend."

"She's really mean." Cat said feebly.

"Luckily, her hearing is in three weeks, but the final decision may take about four days after the hearing." Jade said.

"Regardless, she's not here to cause any more harm." I sighed.

I turned myself so I was able to see everyone in my friend group, I noticed Andre turn the corner and I got quiet.

"Hey guys." Andre greeted, his demeanor seemed happy but there was something different, like he was trying to hide something.

"Hey Andre!" Tori greeted.

"Where'd y'all get the cookies?" Andre asked, motioning to the cookies in everyone's hands.

I smiled, "I baked them last night!"

Andre's eats turned red, "Oh?"

"You want one? I made three kinds!" I showed him all three containers.

"Come on man," Beck beckoned, "she's a great baker."

Andre hesitated but then reached for a sugar cookie, he took a bite and his demeanor relaxed, "Damn girl, these are amazing!"

"Yeah, Skyla, you should've taken culinary here!" Tori said.

"Awe, thank you! But honestly, I learned to bake from my grandma. You should really try my squash bread, it's killer."

Everyone groaned from the sound of it, Jade gave my arm a squeeze, "Keep that promise, that sounds amazing!"

I giggled in response, I did like to bake. It was one of my favorite past times!