Chapter 9: Presenting the Project

Wednesday rolled around quickly as we gathered in the black box theater to present our scenes. Tori and her partner, Flynn (I think was his name), went first. Their scene was a couple fighting over some pretty serious stuff, but as the two sat away from the other on the couch, their feelings for one another began pouring out, they talked about the good times and laughed. And as they scooted closer together, they turned their faces towards each other and kissed. Thus ending their scene.

As all the other pairs acted out their assigned scenes, I was starting to grow nervous about Andre and I's. But soon enough, Beck and Jade got on the stage to act out their scene. Once it was over, it was our turn. I took a deep breath and walked onto the stage with Andre.

"Aaaaaand ACTION!" Sikowitz shouted.

I stomped my foot to mimic knocking on a door. Andre then turned to me.

"Sky, what are you doing here? Why are you all wet?"

"Look, I don't have time to explain why I'm here and why I look horrible. Can I please come in?"

"Yeah, of course." Andre put his arm around me and walked with me a couple feet.

We sat down on the fake couch and got awkward.

"So-"

"Right, uhm..." I bit my lip.

Andre turned my face so I was looking at him, my heart started racing. I know this was just for the scene, but it didn't feel like we were acting. I grabbed his hand in mine and took a deep breath.

"I don't know how you're going to react to this, but I might as well say it now." I glanced away from Andre, sneaking a peek at Sikowitz and our classmates, who seemed oddly intrigued by our chemistry.

"Say what?" Andre asked so sincerely, like we rehearsed.

I squeezed my eyes shut, "I like you, a lot. I have ever since I met you. I just didn't say anything cause I'm not your type."

We got quiet for a few seconds, then I opened my eyes to see Andre looking at me, confused.

"What?" Andre asked.

I sighed, "Did you not hear me?"

"No, I heard you. I just. I don't believe you."

He started laughing, "Was this a dare or something?"

Remembering the next part of the script, I let Andre laugh for a bit before groaning, grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him in, colliding our lips together. I could feel Andre's shock before he relaxed against me. We let it last for a minute then parted.

Andre's eyes held shock, "Oh."

"Do you understand now?"

We went quiet again, I glanced at the audience to see Tori leaning forward in anticipation. I focused on Andre again.

"I like you, I like you a lot."

Andre didn't respond, as per the script, he gently placed his hand on my cheek and slowly pulled me in for another kiss. The class erupted in applause as we ended the scene. Sikowitz giving us the most praise.

"Bravo! The emotion was fantastic! You have captured the scene perfectly!" he complimented.

"Yeah!" Tori chimed in, "It was like you two really fell in love with each other."

"Well." Andre smirked, wrapping an arm around my waist.

I couldn't help but smile like an idiot, "Funny story."

The whole room went quiet, I started getting nervous. Then, surprisingly, Sikowitz understood what we meant. Jade and Beck already knew, they were quick to catch on.