Chapter 3: On and Off, Breaking My Heart

It's been about a month since I started school here, I've never felt better! I mean, sure, Nadia is always trying something to get me in trouble, but that's only putting more evidence against her. Today was Wednesday, 3rd period had just ended and I went to my locker to collect my things, I was going to have to carry everything in my bag to avoid getting cornered by Nadia. She vandalized my locker door, writing all kinds of mean stuff on it, so Lane had me make a new door for my locker. This time I changed the theme to something less incriminating. I just made a collage of all the albums I listen to on a daily basis and made that my locker instead. Lane said it was a good idea, and he was working on recovering some of my poems and lyrics that were damaged by the vandalization.

Today I was wearing a tan, brown, and blue woven sweater dress, black leggings, and black, zip up heeled boots. I also had a two tone dragon necklace on, it was a good luck charm of mine.

On my way to my locker, I stopped in my tracks to see Nadia and Andre caught in a lip lock. I was so surprised from the scene in front of me, that I couldn't notice their body language to see if this was being forced by either side or not. I saw Nadia pull away from him and say something to him. Before either of them could see me, I turned around and went to my next class, knowing lunch would be afterwards. Unfortunately, I knew Andre was in this next class, but I sat in the back so I wouldn't be called on as often.

I sat down at my seat and took out my notebook and the textbook needed for the class. I felt eyes on me so I looked up to see Andre staring at me. I rolled my eyes, taking out my phone and instantly getting a message from Lane.

Skyla, meet me in my office after lunch.

The class started and I did what I could to pay attention and take all the notes I could. Usually, I'm really good at that, but after catching Andre and Nadia kissing, something inside me felt hurt.

I decided to ignore the feeling when the bell rang, quickly collecting all my stuff and rushing out the door before anyone could converse with me. I walked towards the Asphalt Cafe and waited in line to order, when it was my turn, I ordered a salad and a water. Usually I get a chicken sandwich and fries, but today, I ordered what Nadia orders.

I know she orders salads cause she always posts them on her Instagram page, that and fit teas, sexy yoga photos, workout pics, she posts everything that makes her look like this fit, healthy, gorgeous woman. I envied that.

Instead of sitting with Tori and everyone, I sat somewhere else, alone. Making it clear that I wanted to be by myself. But that didn't stop someone from coming by and sitting down next to me. I immediately bowed my head to avoid eye contact.

"Now what are you doing all by yourself?" Jade's voice asked as she sat down next to me.

Her and I got super close over this past month, we bonded over gothic fashion, horror movies, and music. She was honestly a better friend that Nadia. Underneath her cold, intimidating exterior, I learned that Jade was actually a super sweet, incredibly caring person. I could trust this girl with everything and I didn't feel scared to say anything to her.

"I just want to be alone today." I blandly answered.

"Is it Nadia again?" she whispered, her voice sounding concerned, "You literally never order salads, and the only time I've ever seen you drink water was at Beck's pool party. You didn't even wear a bathing suit."

"Nadia would've made fun of me for the one I would've worn." I mumbled, hugging my arms around my stomach, "Plus water is better than what Beck had at his party. I'm picky when it comes to soft drinks."

"I get that whole picky thing, everyone has their taste. But you literally never drink water. You even told me that yourself. You sent me a picture of that two piece, it was super cute and you. Why would she make fun of it?"