Chapter 7: Fallen Head Over Heels and a New Project

I sat down with Andre in the empty classroom to work on the project with him. I was still upset over Nadia's suspension, as much as she deserved it, I felt horrible. I know it wasn't my fault that she got suspended and it was her behavior towards me, but I felt like it was my fault, if I didn't attend the school in the first place, she wouldn't have gotten suspended.

"Why do I keep thinking like this?!" I thought to myself.

Pulling out my notebook and pen, Andre and I immediately got to work. Andre already had a melody, so he started mumbling to help me get lyrics down, even though I already had a few written down.

"Don't worry 'bout why I'm here..." I hummed.

"I want to fight your worst fear." Andre sang back.

"Eh..."

"I wanna fight and keep you near?" he suggested.

"I like that." I complimented, pointing my pen at him.

He mumbled something under his breath, I looked up and raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"I said I like the number two." he said quickly, "Yeah, it's a good number."

I furrowed my brows then let out a chuckle, "Okay then."

"So what do we have so far with the lyrics?" Andre asked, scooting his chair closer to me and leaning over my shoulder to read.

While he was reading over my shoulder, I caught a whiff of his scent. It was a calming smell, it was so calming that I was starting to fall asleep.

"Hey, hey Sky." Andre whispered, nudging me.

I sat up straight, suddenly, "Sorry sorry. I guess I'm just tired."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I just-" Andre tilted my head up so I was meeting his eyes, "uhm.."

I cleared my throat, "So the song?"

"It's really good, you're a natural." Andre complimented.

I smiled, my face tinting pink. Andre pulled my chair so we were sitting, facing each other. I put the notebook and pen down on the floor and started messing with my fingers in my lap.

"Skyla," Andre said, causing me to quickly look up at him, I noticed his face was a bit red, "there's a reason why I wanted you to stay with me here."

Curious, I lifted a brow, "There's another reason? I thought we were writing a song?"

"Did you notice the theme of the song?" he asked, motioning to the notebook in the floor.

"Yeah, it was a love son-" I trailed off, now realizing what he meant, "oh."

"Skyla, I like you. A lot." Andre confessed, gently taking both of my hands in his, "Since the first day I met you, I couldn't keep you off my mind."

"But what about Nadia?" I asked, recalling a previous conversation Beck had with me where Andre and Nadia dated for a bit then broke up, just an on and off relationship.

"I don't want Nadia, she was cool in the beginning but she slowly became egotistical, and I don't like that," he explained.

"But you got back together with her." I argued.

"Because I thought I could give her one final chance at not being egotistical. I wanted her to give her and I one more shot. But she ruined that." Andre confessed, "And you, Skyla, you're humble. You aren't egotistical. You care about your friends and their feelings."

"Of course, I do, it's how I was brought up." I replied, "My grandparent's didn't want me to become like my father or my mother, so they raised me to be open minded, kind hearted, and overall just a good person to others."