Chapter 12: Three Years Later

We graduated from Hollywood Arts and were accepted by a record label, my first album was a huge hit once it dropped. So many people were talking about how relatable it was and how comforted they felt listening to it.

Unfortunately, after graduation, Andre's grandma passed away. It was a heartbreaking event, but Andre and I visit her every moment we can, whether it's for a milestone we've accomplished or her birthday or the anniversary of her passing. We visit her all the time.

Andre and I are now in our twenties, we've officially moved into my grandparents' estate together. I'll admit, it's great not being in a super quiet house. We've adopted three dogs, Athena (3), Artemis (2), and Hades (2). Athena is a German Shepard I rescued off the streets, she was eight weeks old and so very scared. She and I are close, but she loves her siblings equally and loves Andre as much as she loves me. Artemis is a Newfoundland who needed a new home since the owners couldn't take care of her anymore after she turned six months old. Hades is a pit bull Andre adopted from the shelter, he was a small boy who was scared of people. But once we introduced him to Artemis and Athena, he became much more social and now LOVES people.

Andre and I also became engaged after celebrating our three year anniversary, which was two years after the Keenan party bust. I was actually the one who proposed. I bought a ring from Earthbound that fit his style and wrote a whole speech, which is now one of Andre's favorite gifts I've given him.

We were still planning our wedding, trying to figure out how to incorporate our fur babies as our flower pups and ring pup without them dropping everything or chasing a bird (Athena and Artemis love stalking and chasing squirrels and birds, going to the beach is so difficult when there are so many seagulls).

We agreed on a more non traditional wedding, as we wanted our guests to be comfortable and we, the Harris', as well.

I had already picked out my dress, and Jade was going to be my maid of honor. Andre had a very nice navy blue suit that he was going to wear, and Beck was going to be his best man. The officiant had been hired, the catering was a full on buffet so our guests could eat whatever they wanted, our cake had been ordered, the venue was reserved. We picked a beautiful gazebo with a view of the ocean, our colors were black and navy blue, but we allowed our guests to wear what they were comfortable in, whether they wore jeans and a tee shirt or if they wore a nice dress/suit. We planned for the wedding to be during the afternoon, so we would be done by sunset. So when the sun set, the fairy lights would be on.

Our reception was gonna be held in our backyard, we hung fairy lights on the patio, set up the snack table, the punch bar, etc. We hoped that the dogs would be tired by the reception, so we could keep them in their rooms while the rest of us celebrated.

Yes, the dogs have their own room, they're so spoiled!

So, currently, we were sitting on our couch, Hades in my lap as Andre was giving our girls belly rubs.

"Who would've thought we would make it here?" I asked, smiling down at the sleeping pit bull in my lap.

"I don't think anyone would've expected this." Andre smiled up at me, reaching over and patting Hades' head.

I sighed happily, "I love you."

**************************

The day of our wedding was here, we agreed to have my uncles Mitch and Tony walk Athena and Artemis down the aisle as our flower dogs, my uncle Jason would be walking Hades down the aisle for our rings.

I was getting ready with Jade, Cat, Tori and Trina, who I ended up getting along with pretty well after everything Nadia did.

"You look gorgeous, Sky." Jade smiled, handing me my bouquet.