Chapter 1: Into a New School

Getting ready for the day was quick and simple, I ate a quick breakfast and grabbed my Om Nag Champa shoulder bag, running out the door to catch the bus. I wouldn't be on the bus for long, it was a quick 4 minute drive from where I lived.

Why the Om Nag Champa bag? Well, I shop at stores like Earthbound Trading Co., their style just vibes with me so I like to buy from them a lot.

My outfit is a pair of jeans, a black undershirt, and a black, cold shoulder crop top with cute circle beads on the collar. I was wearing a pair of black boots too.

Arriving at Hollywood Arts, I hopped off the bus to see Nadia pulling into her parking spot in her Tesla. I wanted to wave to her but she didn't seem like she was in a good mood. Shrugging, I turned around and walked through the doors of the school. Shocked to see how colorful it was inside the main hall.

"Woah." I whispered to myself.

I took one step forward and was immediately shoved to the floor. I looked up to see Nadia smirking down at me before she continued forward towards the vending machine down the hall.

"Ow." I groaned, slowly and carefully picking myself back up.

Somebody rushed over to me, "Oh my god! Are you okay?"

I looked in their direction to see a really pretty girl with long brown hair and superb cheekbones, I cleared my throat to answer, "Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. I was just in Nadia's way."

She gave me a look, "That didn't seem like you were in her way. She purposefully knocked you down. How do you know her anyway?"

"We used to go to school together before she got accepted here. Then she just slowly stopped talking to her friends back at our old school."

"Including you?"

I sighed, "Unfortunately, yeah."

She placed a hand on my arm, "I'm sorry. Hey! If it helps you feel better, what if you come sit with my friends and I at lunch? I can introduce you!"

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure! What's your first class?"

"Uhm," I glanced down at the slightly crumpled schedule in my hand, "Sikowitz's class?"

"Oh! I can show you where that is, that's my first class too!"

"Thank you so much!"

"Yeah, no problem!"

The first bell rang, signaling us to head to our first class.

"By the way, I'm Tori Vega."

"Pleasure to meet you, Tori! I'm Skyla Naydeen."

"That's such a pretty name, Skyla." Tori linked my arm in hers, "Now let's head to class!"

I smiled as we began walking, I already made a friend here. We chatted a bit as we made our way to class, Tori opened the door and ushered me into the room.

"This school is so colorful!" I complimented.

"It's definitely a plus. Better than a regular school with plain walls." Tori said.

"Definitely. My old school just had plain white brick walls, this feels like I'm actually somewhere fun."

"Hey Tori, who's your new friend?" said a male voice.

I turned around to see a boy wearing a plain blue shirt with a letterman jacket with the Hollywood Arts logo.

"Hey Andre, this is Skyla. She's new to our school." Tori introduced.